Old to dieting, new to myfitness pal!

Options
Hi everyone!

As I am sure a lot of people out there are familiar with, I have been in denial about dieting for a loonnnggg time. I have always known I needed to loose weight (I was very obese all through growing-up) but I have finally come to terms with dieting as a calories-in, calories-out process. I have lost weight before, but was only successful through essentially starving myself. After some success, I realized that starving all the time was not going to be a practical choice forever so I halted my efforts for a while. In between then and now, I have tried just about every fad-diet, dieting method, pill, you-name-it-I've-tried-it out there but all it has left me with is stress about the way I look and no results.

As much as i hate to sound cliche, a lot of my weight related woes root back to my family. I've always had financial support but that's about it. And, that has always held me back. But, I can not let that weigh me down anymore. I am in control of my body and no one else.

Currently, I am upon graduating college and am about to start a new job in a new city/state. I do not want to starve myself anymore, and am determined too succeed. I am determined to diet the right way now, and will not stop until I reach my goal. Quitting is not an option.

So, with my own motivation keeping me going so far, I am reaching out to the myfitnesspal community! I wish you all the best of luck and appreciate any support!

My heaviest weight was about 210lbs. My lightest weight was around 159lbs. I am currently about 166lbs (haven't weighed in a few days).

My goal is between 130-135lbs!

Merry Christmas everyone! Wish me luck!

Replies

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    good luck, feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • magicsd77
    Options
    WELCOME to MFP!
  • Blue71
    Blue71 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You seem to have the perfect opportunity to make a fresh start. Stay positive & remember that you can accomplish anything. "Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional." :smile:
  • 65PONY
    65PONY Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good Luck the key is not to diet, but to maintain a healthy balance of food & exercise....I finally got it...You will too...Best of luck my friend:drinker:
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am glad that you are here. A fresh new start in a new city and state in a brand new year. That sounds great. I am new here, too, but I am on here everyday. I learn new things and get support. Good luck in your new life.
  • megpie422
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. We all need encouragement
  • FatgutBgone
    FatgutBgone Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are here. It is a good place to be. I am good friends with 65PONY and would be honored to be your friend.

Stay strong -[------]- live long,

Walt.
  • want2lovemybody
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too and feel quite similar to the feelings you have just expressed. The only difference is that you seem a lot more determined and that gave me encouragement.

Please feel free to add me as a friend, and anyone for that matter. The more support the better off I am.

Good luck! From the sound of it...you will succeed!!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    that is great you are starting newish! i too have struggled all my life but this time i think it is gonna stick. just read as much as you can and take most of it with a grain of salt. keep reading until you feel confident in what you do and remember any new good habits take some time! add me if you wish!