Hello

thalli1
thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I joined a couple of days ago. I was going to go on the Biggest Loser website until I saw that it cost money, so I searched for a similar free website and found this one. I'm 53 years old, healthy, and pretty active. I need to do a better job of limiting my snacking (especially in the evenings), and so far using this site has helped. Something about writing it down makes me eat less snacks (at least so far). I also really like the way it shows you exactly how much you can eat each day and what effect exercise has on your daily calories. I just got back from a five mile Shamrock run, so I'm feeling pretty inspired about losing weight and getting in shape both by the run and by this website. I'm planning a trip to Jamaica this August for my son's wedding, so my plan is to be healthier by then.

Replies

• thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    I joined a couple of days ago. I was going to go on the Biggest Loser website until I saw that it cost money, so I searched for a similar free website and found this one. I'm 53 years old, healthy, and pretty active. I need to do a better job of limiting my snacking (especially in the evenings), and so far using this site has helped. Something about writing it down makes me eat less snacks (at least so far). I also really like the way it shows you exactly how much you can eat each day and what effect exercise has on your daily calories. I just got back from a five mile Shamrock run, so I'm feeling pretty inspired about losing weight and getting in shape both by the run and by this website. I'm planning a trip to Jamaica this August for my son's wedding, so my plan is to be healthier by then.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,322 Member
    thalli1,

Your story is identical to mine. When I joined mfp, I had 37 pounds left to lose - I'm 53 - late night is SO hard for me. I haven't mastered the "stop eating" yet. I know that isn't very encouraging, but that's my story. So I can't even buy anything sweet unless I have lots of calories left at the end of the day. Then I only buy a "eat-it-all-in-one-serving" amount. Like 350 calorie bags of Jelly Belly. Because, realistically I know I WILL eat the whole thing. The little 100 calorie snack packs would be great if they didn't come in a package with 10 little packs in them. Then I would eat all 10 little packs, so it becomes a 1000 calorie pack.:grumble: I do have a brain chemical disorder (obsessive), so I really can't stop - that's not an excuse - my meds wear off by 10 PM so I can sleep. But then I'm up for a few more hours and all my little :devil: come out to play.

Good luck to you! Keep in touch.
  • car054
    car054 Posts: 3
    Hi. I'm a lot like you. I'm 54, heart healthy and work out about an hour each day. I just love my junk food and de a lot of emotional or stress munching. I hope this site helps me conquer my cravings.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.