Random... Anyone believe in ghosts?

Options
Just wondering how many believers are on here. I love watching Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures. I read alot on ghosts and the paranormal. Well add me if you believe :)

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in things like ghost hunters or anything on tv about it, but I have had some weird things happen even though I am extremely skeptical. I have lived in ancient houses my whole life (my current house is 500 years old) and there is no vibe of anything, but we rented a modern house for a few months a couple of years ago, and we had constant, really creepy things happen that we all saw independently from each other. Even my son, who was 3 at the time talked about "the lady who is dressed like a dolly, but black, who lives in the spare bedroom". None of us could go in the spare bedroom as it had such a creepy vibe.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Nope, not at all. Now that I said that- honest to god truth that I took a haunted bus tour in Chicago a few years ago and one of the stops was the location where Rose Marie's Baby was born or was filmed. On the bus something was pressing on my chest like a baby lying on me and I couldn't get it off... it felt like it was clinging to me. Really odd feeling!!!!!
  • gary8964
    Options
    I do believe in the paranormal, because to many thing happen that are not able to be explained. I don't watch those shows anymore due to my schedule, but I liked them when I did.
  • cghiggins518
    cghiggins518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do believe and have seen them with my own eyes!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yes, I believe. I have seen them myself.
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    Awesome :) I have heard things but never really have seen anything. I'm going on a ghost hunt at a haunted prison (Ohio State Reformatory) in March, this will be my second time there and the place is truly amazing.
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ...and just a random answer: definitely Yes. also find it super intriguing. i have also experienced seeing/hearing 'ghosts' several times.
  • lsjett1
    Options
    I am on the fence. I too love Ghost Hunters, but I wonder how much is just production. Too many people claim to have seen things for there to be nothing to it though, right?
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I believe in God and Satan therefore I believe in Angels and Demons and all that comes along with that. Do I believe in a Casper like ghost? No. But there are presences out there that we must be weary of.
  • topaz2986
    topaz2986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm a complete believer. I've had lots of small experiences. My son bought and renovated a very old house. While I was there alone and doing some painting, I had a definite feeling of company. I never told anyone. My son told us later that there are odd happenings in the house. One question though....why does it seem there's only activity at night?
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I'm a complete believer. I've had lots of small experiences. My son bought and renovated a very old house. While I was there alone and doing some painting, I had a definite feeling of company. I never told anyone. My son told us later that there are odd happenings in the house. One question though....why does it seem there's only activity at night?

The thing that freaked me out about the stuff that happened in the house we rented was that it was during the day, not at night.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Non believer. I compare it to psychic ability, feng shui, chi and others. Unless "real science" can actually prove it, then to me it's just great imagination.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    There are alot of types of hauntings whether it is just spirits or demonic entities and hauntings can take place any time of day and night. And another thing with the feeling like we're not alone when we're alone- that can also be caused by a high electromagnetic field, not always paranormal. I have never seen anything but I did catch an EVP on my recorder when I went to OSR of a man whispering "Hiiii..." Very chilling. And it was not me nor the other two people that I was with. I would love to experience seeing something, getting touched, or what would be most amazing... If I could catch a spirit saying my name on my recorder... That would be phenomenal in my mind! :)
  • jlfox165
    Options
    "I do believe in spooks! I do believe in spooks! I do, I do, I do believe in spooks!"
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    The house my parents live in is haunted by the previous owner's husband (who died in the house) and a cat.
  • Izzywishes
    Options
    Yes I believe in ghosts or spirits.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I do believe and have seen them with my own eyes!

I've seen them, but only with other peoples eyes :frown: