were you bad yesterday?

Options

Replies

• wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Here's to January and all the New Years "dieting". All the healthy, low cal food goes on sale! That I'm excited about, now all the yo-yo dieters in the gym for their New Years resolutions and possibly having to wait for tredmills and stuff BLAH! Oh well they'll be gone by February.

The gyms do get crowded in January with all the New Years Resolution dieters. Thank God that 90% of them will be gone by February as you said.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again slowly - it's been a rough holiday season. Today, I'm hitting my water, calorie, and macro goals. When I get back home on Wednesday, I'll start running again!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot more than usually, but bad, no! I still exercised and played some ball too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • b757
    b757 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had weighed myself daily the entire week before so I had an idea what I could get away with. The dessert stuff I really only ate if I really wanted it. I'm already logging and exercising today. Yesterday was just a break that I had earned though lots of hard work. The leftover desserts that I didn't really care for are on top of our fridge, out of sight because I am saving them for our son, and they will be gone or trashed if not eaten by Jan 2nd. BTW, I will not be the one eating those. Everything else in moderation, and I think I will be fine. Drinking lots of water too, and doing lots of cleaning. Keeps me full and busy enough to stay focused on my goals!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I was very good and proud of myself. I cooked Christmas dinner, and since I don't care for sweets, everything turned OK.

I did have 2 glasses of wine (never more than one for me), and a mini cheese and cherry tart that my DiL made for dessert , but my stomach didn't like my choices. Zantac to the rescue!

Didn't gain any weight and I lost almost 1 lb this past week. Not what I was looking for since I am in maintenance but still loosing. May need to up my calories.

Happy New Year everyone!
  • Violin11
    Violin11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    For me, it wasn't so much the meal. It was the champagne, chips/dip, creme brulee, and all the any number of other snacks we had around the house. I logged breakfast and that was it yesterday. I don't even want to know. I stepped on the scale this morning. I wasn't happy with what I saw, but it knew it was coming. Gym today to counteract a bit of yesterday and dinner tonight as well....Honestly though, it was all worth it!!! My Christmas present to myself this year was to enjoy any food that came my way on Christmas day. The result: I had a wonderful Christmas and I'm still so full in general today that I really only want healthy things. I think it's a great trade off.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I did horrible. I love green bean casserole, candied yams and creme pie. I wrote down everything I ate and it was a little over 2000 calories.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well, yes and no - I worked out yesterday before all the festivities began. But I did eat a little bit of cheese ball w/crackers, a bit of chicken nacho dip w/chips, enjoyed some wine, had a half of a spoon-full of mac & cheese and half a spoon-full of cheesy potatoes. I logged breakfast & lunch however by the time I got home last night I was exhausted on my feet so I didn't log dinner - first time in 3 months I didn't complete my food diary! :noway:
  • whip67
    whip67 Posts: 32
    Options
    I think I gained about 3 pounds over the last three days. I'll be fine. Until New Years Eve. And then I'll be fine.
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was out of control yesterday but am back on track today. I feel like it was worth it as long as I don't let it derail my ultimate goal. One thing that does kinda suck is that between Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then New Years, I feel like I am up, down, up, down, just to be able to enjoy these days, and had this not been holiday time I probably would have hit my goal already. Oh well. I am just happy to be where I'm at anyway :)
  • AmandaCanzo
    AmandaCanzo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was bad yesterday and the 24th....
    I don't feel guilty though! It was my 21st birthday yesterday so I figured I could splurge some :)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    No, I was bad TODAY haha.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Me personally, I lived off cookies..... and maybe a Reese cup or two...plus, why NOT drink Coke?? It's Christmas WEEKEND..... To get myself back on track I started with the dog walking last night after work to maybe account for a cookie....ok, half a cookie. And I'm right back to MFP this morning and lining up my NORMAL intake of food....which does not include soda, cookies or.... sadness..... Reese Cup trees : (

Had my Reese's tree today!! :) I made sure it fit in my day and only bought one. I enjoyed each bite!
  • anna_love
    Options
    YEAH I WAS REALLY BAD YESTERDAY :(
    AND I REGRET ::((((
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    ug yes. I billed a bunch of calories to today so I think I'm ok... but I'm anxious to step on the scale tomorrow.
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yes! And unfortunately my family was eager to share lots of the leftovers. All of which was very unhealthy...I ate some oreo cookie balls today and then just threw everything in the trash. I usually try to gorge myself to hurry up and get it out of the house. Today I just decided not to treat myself like a garbage disposal and trash it!
  • tawanda25
    tawanda25 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think I was pretty good. But, I can tell the cravings are coming back for the second day. We are all in the same boat trying not to indulge...best advice plan ahead...eat in advance to prevent indulging on goodies. I know mine is cravings because I am not hungry I just want some of this and that...hang in there.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Phew. Glad to see others were indulging and being food pigs yesterday and today and it wasn't just me!
  • lalaloserpants
    lalaloserpants Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was pretty bad on christmas, ate over 2000cal, but worked all of it and then some off on the wii with my sister playing just dance and stuff like that so my total come to -430! yesterday, however was pretty bad, my total was like 550cal
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Cuz I sure was! I don't know what came over me! Is that a chocolate marshmallow santa? Sure I'll have that. Oh I noticed there's pie...yes please. Chips and dip? Why don't I just pull up a chair next to the snack table. Sheesh! Those of you who did what I did - what are you doing to get back on track? And when? I'm already anticipating how I'm gonna behave on New Years when alcohol is involved!
    Nope. Everything I ate yesterday, I eat at least once a week. I did eat MORE than usual, but I don't deprive myself of candy if I want some or "chicharone" if I want that too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition