Flax seeds- is too much going to hurt me

Options
So of all things I have gotten addicted to homemade whole milk organic yoghurt and ground flax seeds

I have anywhere from 2 to 6 tablespoons of flax seeds daily

Anyone have any personal experience with this

Replies

• VeganFoodieMom
    VeganFoodieMom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I followed a raw foods diet for a year and I ate 5-20 tablespoons of flax meal daily. Honestly, I never felt better than I did that year.
    The amount you are eating daily is totally reasonable. If you eat the full 6 tablespoons, that's still only 24 grams of fiber, which is healthy. Good for you -- you are addicted to a healthy food. :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't know whether it can hurt you.. I take a tablespoon every couple of days. Only thing to keep in mind is that if you're taking it for omega 3s, flax seeds will only give you ALAs and the body has a hard time turning these into EPA and DHA. That's why I started taking fish oil, to get the benefits of these specific EFAs.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I think it is good for you and also prevent breast cancer.
    How do you eat flax seed power?
    I tried to add them to my food and only can digest 1,2 T and that's it
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Ground flax on the top of warm fruit and yoghurt makes a really nice crumble-like dessert
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Ground flax on the top of warm fruit and yoghurt makes a really nice crumble-like dessert
    That's a good one. I'll trit with my warm cinnamon apple.. should taste like apple pie then.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies, most appreciated
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    flax gives me heartburn.