ALL MY FELLOW JEEPERS! or anyone else really lol

Jeepinmom4
Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
edited October 6 in Chit-Chat
Ok so we go on a jeep run every newyears. This year is my first year trying to be more healthy while were out on the trails. We plan on being at the hotel 2 nights. But only for sleeping lol were plannin on being on the trails for the entire 3 days...Besides trail mix and sandwich stuff what else can I bring??? I'm kinda at a loss...usually I just throw a bunch of crap in a bag and go lol thanks for any advice :) kim

Ps. yes ill be posting this in food & nutrition :)

Replies

• dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Fruit (dried or fresh) and granola bars are always good. We tend to take these with us when we go camping/4-wheeling.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Will you have a cooler? I always try to throw some apples and string cheese in our cooler for healthier snacks, apples don't need the cooler, but I like them cold.

What I try to do when we are on the trail all day is still stop and eat meals instead of just nonstop snacking the entire day. We usually eat breakfast right before we go and then we'll stop and have lunch along the way. We get back anytime between 6-9 and usually wait and have dinner when we get back.

Bring food for lunch and a couple healthy snacks. I've had to just stop bringing bags of chips, cookies etc because I end up just grazing all day long.

Where are you going?
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Will you have a cooler? I always try to throw some apples and string cheese in our cooler for healthier snacks, apples don't need the cooler, but I like them cold.

What I try to do when we are on the trail all day is still stop and eat meals instead of just nonstop snacking the entire day. We usually eat breakfast right before we go and then we'll stop and have lunch along the way. We get back anytime between 6-9 and usually wait and have dinner when we get back.

Bring food for lunch and a couple healthy snacks. I've had to just stop bringing bags of chips, cookies etc because I end up just grazing all day long.

Where are you going?
    this time were going to a park in Farmington,missouri. Its about 4 hrs from us. And yea we only stop once to eat lunch. Unless someone breaks down that is lol. I have to bring all the chips and crap for the boys but string cheese is a good idea,and walmart has those 100calorie packs of apples/carmel...that's a good idea too. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.