Nike+ Shoes/sensor/iPhone app

Options
I need input about Nike+. I'm thinking about buying the shoes and sensor (I have the app on my iPod). What are the pros/cons? Thank you :)

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    BUMP--cause I posted a similar topic earlier and am still looking for people who've used Nike Plus. I don't have an iPhone, just an iPod.
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Anyone? :)
  • Grimlock69
    Options
    Hey Happy, I have both. You can buy a pouch to put the sensor in to wear with any shoe you want.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have all three and LOVE it! Though the calorie count is off on mine on the app. If you have a calorie counter on a Heart Rate Monitor, use that count.
  • lkbarry
    Options
    I have the Nike + sensor that I use with my IPOD. I love it. You don't have to buy the special shoes, just buy a sensor holder (I think it's $6 or $7, you can buy them on Amazon) and buy the Nike + IPOD sport kit. As long as you have an IPOD, you are good to go. I've been using it for about a year and it helped me train for a 15k.
  • skinney1357
    Options
    I use Nike+. I have the bracelet which has a USB port and then the sensor goes in my shoe. I don't have Nike shoes so I had to buy a little holder that goes on my laces. I love it! You program your height, weight, age, and stride length and it calculates calories burned, pace, and how many miles you have run. Then you put the USB in the computer and it loads it to the Nike website then you can also sync it with Facebook. It is very motivating and you can track routes, add goals, and challenge others. The only con is probably the accuracy of miles and calories. When I plug it in to Mfp it is similar but not spot on. You have to make sure the USB is charged or it can go screwy or black out on you. I have had mine since April and have gone on over 100 runs, logged almost 1000 miles and burned over 50000 a calories!
  • elizarm
    Options
    I have all three and LOVE it! Though the calorie count is off on mine on the app. If you have a calorie counter on a Heart Rate Monitor, use that count.

Is it too low or too high??? Thanks
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the responses, this was really helpful!
  • FriedPicklePrincess
    Options
    Will it record all day?
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I just started using my nike+ w/my iphone today! ... I weigh over 350# but was surprised to have it work by just sticking it in my shoe (i have heel inserts, so I put it under the insert) with zero problems.

I have had it for over a month, and I was going to fashion some way to put it on my shoe b/c frankly I thought I would break it! I can feel it's there, but not in an irritating or uncomfortable sort of way. if it gets uncomfortable I can always put it in the other shoe, or get a 'pouch' from amazon to hold it on my shoestrings

I did a 30 min walk today with no problems! May not sound like much but it's pretty good for me.

I have seen the nike+ sensors packaged with an adapter (for ipod?) in shoe stores, and then seen just the sensors packaged by themselves at the Apple store. I started my workout (the app says 'move around to activate your sensor') by walking - and just paused when I was done. I think it might record steps all day if you don't pause - but also counts all that time during the day too.

I wish I had started using mine sooner! Good luck and have fun!