New to the Group

Hi all,

My name is Sandy. I am a distance runner trying to lose some pounds. I have run 2 half marathons and completed my 1st full at the Marine Corps Marathon in October. I have been running 5K races so far since the MCM but start training this week for 2 halfs I will run in March. Something I could not do training for the MCM was to lose weight. I will add strength training to my workouts this time. I want to lose at least 30 pounds. I came upon this site to log food intake and excericse. I look forward chatting with others with similar goals.

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Welcome Sandy!
    that is really impressive! i am sure you will find people with similar goals! Good luck!
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Welcome to the group!!
  • Love meeting fellow runners out here! Welcome!
  • Roblyssa
    Roblyssa Posts: 125
    Hi Sandy

You will find most of us on here wish we were marathon runners, but we are all in the same boat of trying tolose weight.

It is impressive what you have accomplished! Well done.

I wish you luck in your endeavour to lose weight, it certainly isn't easy!

Kellie
  • melissa39437
    melissa39437 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi all Im Melissa. New here and trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I am going back to school beginning Jan 10 to be an EMT and really need to lose my weight. Please add me as a friend. Im not really sure how to do all that from my phone. I do need encouragement and motivation and love to encourage others. Im a great listener and can be a great friend. I look forward to having many mfp friends. God bless!