Would you exercise?

Options
I have a cold, today is the 2nd day of the cold. I don't feel the greatest but I have made myself get up and go to the grocery store; fixed lunch for hubbie and I; done some laundry but mostly just laid around today. I have NOT exercised since Thursday evening...should I get up and make myself excerise or wait another day or two until I am back to par? What would you do? Push through it or give in? Wishing all who read this health this holiday season!!

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If you exercise, keep it light. Sometimes, when I am sick, it does feel good to get the blood flowing again, but don't overdo it.

You can try going for a short walk or doing some yoga.

Rest is important though, so if you don't feel like working out, today's a good day to not workout.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Light exercise with a cold can help to push it through. As long as you aren't coughing and sneezing all over others at the gym :-).. if you are running a fever, I'd say "no". Drink lots of water and take Vitamin C!:drinker:
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I will not be going to the gym...just to my basement. I have an elliptical and a recumbent bike an ab lounge and an ab glider down stairs. Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will give my elliptical a whirl but not go to hard and fast (so I don't start coughing) and then maybe a little spin on the bike. Probably wont do a full regime of either. Thanks friends, I needed a little encouragment and you gave it to me!
  • Justin_1972
    Justin_1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Personally I would put rest above exercise if you're sick. But a light workout will take the burden of guilt off your shoulders!!!
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would just go for a walk myself, make it brisk if I felt like it. Burns calories. But the most important thing is to get better!