New to Site :)

Options
Hi everyone, heard about this website from a co-worker. Looking forward to learning from it and getting support from others! A little about me- I am 39, always have been overweight my whole life, but like a lot of people, the yo yo dieting has left me bigger and bigger in the end of it all. I am at my biggest I have ever been today. I recently gave birth to a beautiful baby boy just 3 months ago. I gained 30 lbs wiuth my pregnancy, and didn't beat myself up over it, as I expected it. I lost 17 lbs since having my son, but I also havent been trying to loose weight, as I walked right into the holidays. So, here I am, the day after Christmas and very much wanting to loose some weight and feel and look good again. I am realistic and know this isn't a get skinny quick fix. In all actuality I prefer to loose weight for my health and well being vs. being bathingsuit ready. I don't feel very attractive right now, but I know once I get in the swing of things and begin exercising again and eating right, I will get back in the swing of things.
I also feel I have a binge eating disorder. I go thru spurts of binging, and have never purged, only binged more when I felt the guilt it brought on. While I haven't been in binge mode for a long time now, it can come back in a flash and it is very destructive to me. I seek support from others dealing with this issue as well.

Looking forward to getting to know you,
Christina :)

Replies

• velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! read read read all you can here from people that have asked questions or have had experiences with all sorts of things while eating or not eating. getting healthy is the name of the game not dieting... like you said it isnt a quick fix but starting now will get your ready for bathing suit season!
    feel free to add me as a friend and ask any questions you might have as I will be happy to assist you in your journey to a "new" you! Congrats on the new baby and it wont be long before you will be running around after that little boy and you want to be able to keep up!
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It seems as if you have a handle on your weaknesses and where you need to go! That is really a great start. You can do it. Congratulations on the new baby. I am a mother of four, and I think that losing the "baby weight" is a battle forever....even when they are big. Congratulations on your decision to join.
  • missceevee1972
    Options
    Thanks for the advice ! I will add you now! Look forward to getting to know you !
  • missceevee1972
    Options
    I guess I should have proof read my post- I said in the sing of things a couple times! Ha! Hard to concentrate with the baby needing me and finding time to get online for a free minute!
  • mcovillion
    Options
    hi christina! i'm fairly new to the site and have gotten tons of motivation. i have a 6 month old daughter and 6 yr old son. i'm now a stay at home mom. after the kids were in bed and my husband went to sleep, i would eat and eat and eat. it was horrible. now i eat 1 small snack before bed and usually go to bed hungry, but it won't kill me. before i joined MFP i was eating 3 or 4 snacks before bed. most of them unhealthy. feel free to friend me!
    maria