An Unsuccessful Baker

Options
Are there any bakers, like me, who can't seem to eat all the batter when baking? I just finished baking, yet I ate almost all the cookie dough!! Half the dough didn't even make it in the oven! Maybe I should stop baking all together, but I love it too much to give up! Any tips to help me?!!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Chew gum. If your mouth is occupied, you won't be as tempted.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    mmmm cookie dough.

Do extra exercise.

Every time you take a bite of cookie dough, do 10 squats. :)
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    Make a double batch. One for eating, one for cooking
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Make a double batch. One for eating, one for cooking

That would be something I would do, yum yum cookie dough!!!!
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    Seriously, I set a side some for me. I eat veggies and drink water before I start baking. I chew gum.
    i bake more so I can eat the batter and dough then to eat the actual product
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    that would be me i usually find all baked goods a home but my husband is going to be on leave this week from work so i have a table full of goodies with nowhere to go. we just moved here so i really don't know anyone in the neighborhood either eh needless to say i'm not sure what we will be doing with it all but i know after christmas day i won't be eating it!
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yuck
    A.YUCK
    DOUBLE YUCK...
    YOU ASK for it...o.k.
    VISUALIZE..THOSE RAW EGGS
    VISUUALIZZZE THAT BAKING POWDER(boom )
    Mixing with that BAKING SODA(booooom)
    In your lil tummy....YUCK
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Use ingredients you're allergic to.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    that would be me i usually find all baked goods a home but my husband is going to be on leave this week from work so i have a table full of goodies with nowhere to go. we just moved here so i really don't know anyone in the neighborhood either eh needless to say i'm not sure what we will be doing with it all but i know after christmas day i won't be eating it!
    i tell everyone if it isnt gone and you want it it is going in the trash. no one really needs it anyway and i always make too much. better there than on my hips! pisses my husband off so bad but oh well! and i try to make stuff i dont like more often than others. but ya gum works. i have invisalign so i make sure that is in before i bake! worked great this yr!
  • Gilush
    Gilush Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough /is/ yummy, but some habits you just MUST get rid of, or it'll damage your success!
    There's nothing good for you in raw cookie dough, it's just plain flour, raw eggs, tons of sugar... Just don't try ANY of it when baking, not a little, not even a lick. People overcome bad habits every day - you can do it too!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    What if you set aside 1-2 tablespoons of dough, log it, and allow yourself only that much?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I eat it.. without a care in the world.. why? Because it tastes good, and I'm on a lifestyle change and not a diet.

I love to bake.. and usually that involves tasting my items, eating some raw dough from the beaters, and some from the bowl if there are leftovers.

I seriously think it's stupid that people are suggesting eat gum or drink water... a lil cookie dough here and there is not going to kill you. Plus, with all the moving, bending and standing you do during baking, there is a quite a bit of calorie burn.. enough to let you eat a little dough or try a cookie.
  • lessac
    lessac Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I eat it.. without a care in the world.. why? Because it tastes good, and I'm on a lifestyle change and not a diet.

I love to bake.. and usually that involves tasting my items, eating some raw dough from the beaters, and some from the bowl if there are leftovers.

I seriously think it's stupid that people are suggesting eat gum or drink water... a lil cookie dough here and there is not going to kill you. Plus, with all the moving, bending and standing you do during baking, there is a quite a bit of calorie burn.. enough to let you eat a little dough or try a cookie.

OP's problem is eating 'all' of the batter, though. Not a little bit.

My advice: Duck tape. If you really can't control yourself, restrict yourself in a funny way. Once you have the "d'oh" moment instead of the dough moment, your body will have the awareness.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

OP's problem is eating 'all' of the batter, though. Not a little bit.

My advice: Duck tape. If you really can't control yourself, restrict yourself in a funny way. Once you have the "d'oh" moment instead of the dough moment, your body will have the awareness.

She said half.. not all. It prob. wasn't even half as people tend to over exaggerate here. I also prob. ate half with all the baking I did too on Wednesday, and I survived.. went to the gym and everything was fine.

Duct Tape? Seriously... Do you know how much that would hurt coming off? Thats not even funny.
  • 1234IWORKOUT5678
    Options
    Just pretend Jb or Philip is watching you!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

I seriously think it's stupid that people are suggesting eat gum or drink water...

I seriously think YOURE being stupid ragging on those who were trying to offer helpful hints that have worked for them, that might help the OP if they really dont want to resort to their compulsive side and eat the cookie dough....

To the OP: Are you baking as a home-cook baker? Or are you a pastry chef?

If you are just a home-baker, the ideas from the friendlier folks on this thread are really helpful... Personally speaking, I have too many food-related allergies so these ingredients are the last thing to ever get eaten.... I make so much of it, I never want this stuff, to be honest! UGH!

If you are a professional baker, do yourself a favor and dont eat anything while you are making/baking those orders, its actually a health-code violation (despite the fact laws can vary by state). The last thing you need is an unexpected visit from the Health Dept Officer doing a surprise inspection... thats a perfect reason not to do any eating of any batter while you are working... I work as a Chef and I cant tell you how many times Ive had to have words with the individuals who work in the baking area about the fact that if they are going to consume a meal, they need to punch out right then and there. Taste-testing is a whole different thing than seeing them eat a bowl of cookie-batter... ***insert rocking back and forth looking for a happy-place (LOL!)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Makes me glad I don't bake :blushing:
  • nuttynat11834
    Options
    Oh thank you for your tip! I'm going to to try that! I hope you weren't referring to Phillly Cheeses Steak watching me cause then I might eat more cookie dough!:)
  • 1234IWORKOUT5678
    Options
    Pretend Gale and Peeta are standing there
  • 1234IWORKOUT5678
    Options
    Bahahahahahaha!!!!!! :tongue: