Never done this before

Options
Hey guys, I know I'm kinda young but it's time I make a change for me, to be the best person I can be. I'm only 19 years old and weight almost 200 pounds. I hate that I'm this big and I always say I'm going to lose weight, but I've never really been motivated enough. I have a great life going for me, people who love me, but my problem is..... that I don't love myself. I've always felt fat, and more recently, I start feeling fatter and fatter and I'm sick of it. I'm ready to be healthy and look great.

Any help, advice, and support is greatly appreciated. :)

Replies

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You can do it..take one day at a time, exercise, track your food and don't give up!
    It won't be easy, but it will be worth it :)
  • nurse_chris
    Options
    you have found the right family here at MFP. Make sure to take some time and troll the boards - tonnes of great threads about tips that can help anyone!

Goodluck
  • JayPeazy
    JayPeazy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was that way at that age and never did anything about it either. It gets WAY worse if you ignore it another 20 years I can assure you so you are DEFINITELY making that right choice in doing something about it.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    aww, you can do it! Good place to come... plenty of support and good advice here.

Add me if u'd like to.
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you that you're making a choice to be healthy and feel great about yourself! MFP is an awesome community with tons of great resources. Track everything...don't give up..you can and WILL do it! Feel free to friend me :)
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I weighed 306.2 lbs at 20 before I decided to make a change.
  • wildflower408
    wildflower408 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The most important things is that you've made the choice to change your life now. Like everyone has been saying take it one day at a time - never looking back or regretting the past - and you are sure to succeed. I'm also new to MFP so feel free to add me!
  • skedzie
    skedzie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You are never too young or too old to make positive changes in your life!!! Stay focused and you will succeed! Celebrate the positives and forget the negatives....

I am new to MFP so feel free to add me as a friend - we can motivate each other!
  • jtdink1121
    Options
    Thats great that you decided to make a permanent change. You can do it! Whatever you do dont give up, you WILL see results. Good Luck!
  • mcneesbit65
    Options
    You've made a great first step, joining MFP! Feel free to add me. I know exactly how you feel because I'm in the same boat. I just turned 20 and I weigh 248. I'm sick of being this big and for years have said I would do something but I never felt motivated enough until I finally just said enough. I wanted to make a change so I am. You can too, and everyone here supports you! (:
  • mcva929
    mcva929 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As has been said before, you've already taken a huge step. Making a commitment to change is a big deal! Just remember that every moment is a new opportunity to do well. Track everything you put in your mouth and all your exercise. It's really rewarding to see yourself doing well. If you make a poor decision, recognize it, and move on. We're all here to support you and help you on your journey!
  • dreamnolonger
    Options
    Start now, you can and you will succeed it is all about attitude.