G'day!!

Options
Well here I am.....

Just being here is a start for me. I have always had problems with my weight, and masked this by making excuse after excuse....until recently!
I started reading 'Confessions of a reformed dieter' by A.J Rochester. I got 2 pages into the book and said out loud ' Omg, she is talking about ME' !!!!
You see, Ive had a hard life... an abusive partner, 4 babies... never ending stress about money, love, kids, LIFE. I have masked my problems with food. I've reached 118kg and I find myself revolting. In fact, the only thing I like about myself are my eyes....
Time for changes!!!!
My first step was admitting I have been covering my issues with food.
The next step, to join this website, and verbalise my problems... hopefully making some friends along the way...and talking to people like me.
My third step... even though I didnt start my healthy eating today, I got off my bum and went for a 2km walk with my children, much to their delight.
Tomorrow is a brand new day!!!
So...hello..... here I am!! :)

13812069.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great start to an awesome success story down the road!

You can do it!
  • heronbird82
    Options
    Hello! welcome! I'm not new to myfitness pal but never really got into the message boards. Well done for the progress you've already made!! Keep going!

Judith
  • ihearticebreak
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!! :D
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I read both of AJ Rochester's books a while back - she has a story that I can relate to as well. I hope you find this site useful - feel free to add me as a friend if you like :smile: