is my gain really just water weight and TOM??

Options
I want to be sure the few pounds I seem to have added last week were the consequence of my TOM showing up and too much salt and feel the need for some reassurance... Anyone care to look over my diary and exercise and tell me honest thoughts? I am up 3-4lbs suddenly for the last 8 days or so, not a gradual gain... Usually I see a gain from water for a couple days then it gets back to normal, and I am not seeing a return to normal yet?? Anything whether encouragment, hard criticism, own experience... All would help. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Vmsunderland
    Options
    Oh yea there is no reason besides TOM and salt that you should be gaining any weight maybe possibly muscle mass too? but trust me before gaining all this weight I now have I was 120 and a gym trainer
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I gained 4 pounds last week and am still slowly creeping back to normal weight. Usually I only retain water for a couple of days, but a lot of sodium and sweets kept me bloated. Drinking loads of water seems to be helping.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Body weight fluctuates daily. I saw mine drop 4 lbs within about 10 hours and I did nothing but my daily routine, as long as you're eating healthy drinking water and exercising enough then you have nothing to worry about. If you see a steady increase then it's time to re-evaluate what you are doing.
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Don't you worry. It is obviously the sodium intake (quite high the last few days) and the TOM. Reduce the sodium intake for a few days, drink a lot of water and be patient :smile:
    I always put on a bit after a higher sodium intake. I try to keep it below 1000 and that is working fine for me.
    BTW, I had a hysterectomy years ago but my scale will always tell me when I would have been "due" :wink:
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    My TOM came on Christmas day and my gut has bloated about three inches. I definitely think it's water retention.
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Well I will be really good about water and sodium today and see what happens!