Headaches..... A LOT!!!

Options
Hey there all :) So I've been on MFP since Sept and LOVE it, lost 31lbs so far..... problem I'm having now is I have had a headache almost everyday for 5wks. Been to the Doctor who said its not migrains, cluster, or tension headaches (symptoms don't fit). CT of the head normal, bloodwork says vitamin D is low, but thats it. So she is sending me to a Neuro doc next month. Anyhow....I have tried EVERYTHING!!! You name it I've done it, more than likely lol. I am sooooo fusterated because I can't even exercise without getting dizzy and nauses. I'm goin nuts!!! I am eating about 1200 calories a day, give or take 100, because I don't wanna start gaining it all back. I'm at a total loss and don't know what to do...... Any suggestions as far as light workouts, I walk ALL THE TIME lol, just curious if ya'll might have so other ideas. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I was having migranes so I can only suggest what I did for those.

I took some Vit B which does help with headaches normally related to mirgrane receptors, but you might want to try it for yours you know. They are water soluble so you can't OD on Vit B. No worries there.

If have low Vit D I would start a suppliment if you haven't already. I also take a Vit D suppliment. It helps, but takes about 2-4 weeks to have a noticable effect.

Another thing that helps is if you take calicum to help add the Vit D suppliment you are taking.

To help with the nausea ginger root. You can get it at the grocery store (any one) will sell it. You just put it some hot water and it makes a tea. Trust me It will help ALOT. It works like 100x better then ginger ale, or green tea.

otherwise good luck and I hope they can figure out what is going on. I had to live with disabilitating headaches for 5 years. It nearly destoried my life. I got so depressed, but don't let them tell you it is nothing keep pushing someone will be able to help you ^.^
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I am hypoglycemic and I get headaches and dizzy, lightheaded if I dont eat enough. at 1200 a day I have to really watch everything I am putting in my mouth or I dont have enough food to make it through the day. I upped my cal to burn 1 lb a wk and increased my water intake. dehydration always and I mean always gives me a headache. those things help me so they might help you. just a thought although that is a long time to go with a headache in my bk. your body is obviously telling you something
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    have you checked your prescription on your glasses/contacts?
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options

that is actucally a really good idea >.>
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    Options

that is actucally a really good idea >.>
    [/quote

Yeah, because this actually happened to me..I would get headachesdizziness, it would get so bad i couldnt see out of my left eye because of the migraines. So I went to the doc..all they give you is meds. Went to my eye doctor because i could tell my prepscription was a bit off and bam there was the answer..got new glasses/contacts and the headaches were gone.
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yeah I just got new glasses about 2 months ago, started gettin headaches around then....thought the same thing, perscription didn't change much....eye doc said headaches likely werent bein caused by that then.....great minds think alike lol. THANKS LADIES :)
  • onehotgirl
    Options
    were you sick 5 weeks ago? I've had vertigo before and every time I stood up or turned around I was super dizzy. I didn't get headaches just dizziness, it can happen after an ear infection if the fluid doesn't drain evenly from each eardrum.
  • broken_star1134
    broken_star1134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was having headaches for a while every day. It usually was around the same time of the day as well. Turns out it was my mom's dog that we were watching for a month...My allergies just weren't liking him anymore for some reason. I lived with her for the longest time when we had him. Don't know why my allergies just up and changed to not like him LOL. Another thing that causes headaches with me is having my hair pulled up in a ponytail for too long. It hurts my neck and gives me a headache. Good luck with finding out what's up with you!

I think that the eye doc was lying to you about it not causing it as well though. I too had mine changed just a tiny bit but it was enough to throw me off for quite a while...No matter how little of a change, it does throw you off some and cause headaches. My boyfriend got his glasses for the first time and he only needs them when he drives...and since he doesn't wear them all the time, they always give him headaches when he does wear them because he can't get used to them enough. He finally decided not to wear them anymore (his perscription is so week it makes me laugh lol)