Help please

Options
HELP - I started this year so well, 7 months of being very dedicated and enjoying eating healthy and exercising - I lost 12 kg and felt better than I had in years - physically and emotionally. And then a feww months of a very ill child combined with hectic work life and I lost it..lost the motivation and will power and feel like im mentally back where i started. Ive put 4 kg back on.

But i decided today I really want to get back where I was - i was so much happier and healthier.. I really need help getting that discipline and motivation back..please help!!

Replies

• Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hiya, You can do it!! you're welcome to add me as a friend if you like :)
  • librarylilamy
    Options
    I completely understand! My husband and I had started this whole process about 2 years ago. At first I lost but then sort of stayed put. About eight months ago I switched up my diet plan and amazingly lost 17 lbs. I got through the summer and felt great but then somehow our life just got so crazy with work, kids and then me getting sick several times this fall. I've gained back half of it. Now that the Christmas holiday is over I've decided to get back on track but not just for the weight loss aspect the mental well being aspect too. I want to feel in control and not let the stress of life push me into a corner where eating is what makes me happy.

You can do this! I know how crazy life can get but try to remember to take a little time out for yourself today. Even if it's just to take a hot bath after you get the kids in bed. For me at least most of my overeating isn't even about wanting the food at all, it's more like the one thing I'll allow myself, some reward. My goal is to start finding other things to reward myself with. Stuff like, time to read a book, being able to make something (I like paint, make jewelry and other artsy stuff). I have to remember that my kids are going to be better off with a mom that is happy and fullfilled and not just "filled" by food. Good luck and hang in there!
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ok, first of all life happens and we sometimes refocus on more important things first. And sometimes we eat to comfort ourselves while dealing with stressful things in life. And thats fine to gain the weight as we focus on family and less on ourself.

Now, you remember how your felt with the weight off, and how much healthlier you were. You know how to lose the weight because you did it before. So now, just start over. Do it for you and keep in mind you will be better able to deal with a ill child or whatever being healthlier. So refocus, start over and do it. Want it more than anything else in the world and you will lose the 12kg plus a lot more, you can do this you have in the past.

So with you starting this post it so you want to do it so thats step one. Step two getting friends to help pick you up as you go. Step three, maybe spitting out that bite of food you really dont want, and I do this a lot, (more the few days lol) Then step four, scaring yourself in the mirror because you look and your not there anymore, someone else, a skinny person is looking at you
    :happy: :bigsmile:
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Hi EG , glad to have to you back , missed you heaps. You know what you can achieve , you saw the results.

The best thing about this there is no cut off point where we cant start again. Much like yourself I had a great start then fell away to the point of putting most of my lost Kg's back on , so you have done well by only putting 4 back on.

We are here for you , I hope all is well on the home front , you can do it , you have proved it to yourself before.
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    you're welcome to add me as a friend if you wish :)
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Anything is possible when you want it. Feel free to add me for motivation and support!
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you like you can add me as a friend I would love to help encourage and support you the best I can. Just like someone said life happens and we have to keep pushing. You can't let crazy things in life get you off track you have to fond a way to deal with it and keep moving!
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, we can do this together. and u will succeed I can assure u that!
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Forget about the past, and putting the weight back on. You know how to lose weight as youve done it before. Try making a list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight, what benefits it will have to your life, what you'll be able to do and achieve if you're lighter. Then stick the notes on the fridge, in the cupboard, everywhere you can. Make sure they're in your face all the time.

Just think, today is a new day, and start from scratch, Dont see the weight youve put back on as failure. As the people above said, life happens and we have these slip ups. We ALL do, so please dont worry. Forget about it.

You will do great, you just need to focus on all the reasons why,