HRM owners... help with question pls

Options
Please tell me what your resting heart rate is when you're sitting around not doing anything.

and

What is your workout rate, while you're working out hard.

What is the difference between them? This are my number:

Resting: 50
Working out hard: 125
Difference: 75

I'm very curious what the DIFFERENCE is because I can't go by the heart rate by itself as I'm a heart patient and can't use an HRM or go by any tables or formulas online either. I'm curious how my difference stacks up. I want to be sure it's not too bad before I mention it to someone (my cardiologist) and avoiding getting yelled at or told not to work out because I very much want to keep working out!

If you don't know the DIFFERENCE never mind the post, knowing your burning range doesn't help me as my burn range will only be the same as someone else on the same medicines as me. I know 99.9% of you are not on heart drugs, but I'm still curious what your difference is between sitting resting and working out hard. I am not even sure what I will get out of knowing this information, but I'm just curious and maybe I will piece together a good reason later, but it's a simple enough question for now, right?

My main objective is to fight for my right to work out and make people realize that it's safe for me and that I need it in my life to be happy and healthy... so anyone who can just help me out with a little info, I sure would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Deedee

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    My resting HR last time I checked was 55 - in a kick *kitten* workout I get my HR up to 168, so a difference of about 113.....
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help with this. My HRM fluctuates pretty drastically in my resting state (even within a 2 minute period). So I'm not sure if it's a connection issue or if my HRM doesn't go below a certain point and gets "confused". *shrug*
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    my rhr is 79, my average hr when working out is about 150 and my max is usually about 179 so difference for my max is 100.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    OK so he should be pleased that I'm only going up 75 is what I'm thinking :)

And maybe i have room to go up to 150 for a max of 100. Now I know why I needed to ask the question! Now I can ask permission to go to 150.

• hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Rest - 74
    Moderate exercise -125
    Max- 176
    So about 100.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Rest - 70-80
    Moderate - 125 - 130
    Max - 190. (normally 185ish when I'm flat out)
    Difference of 120.

(is that good? Bad?)
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Resting -80-90 (varies depending on what time I take it, how I'm feeling etc...I once had a resting heart rate of 105 in the doctors ahh)
    Moderate- 150-170
    Max - 200
    Difference of up to - 120
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Resting: ~60-65
    Moderate workout: ~120-140
    Intense: >170
    Max: 190
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    I only just got my HRM so I've just been playing around and sussing it all out.... but.....

RHR- 85
    Max heart rate (eg. during sprints etc)- 188

I mainly got the hrm to be able to monitor how I'm going on road runs and stuff as well as calories...... I really need to figure out what the hr numbers mean for my health / fitness cos I can see the numbers vary significantly from person to person
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    resting: 80
    workout 145-155 average
    HIIT 175 max
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    It has been a while but resting HR is about 58-60 and my HR during exercise gets up into the 150s sometimes higher.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Resting: 70-80
    Exercise - Around 160
    Intense HIIT - 183
  • BuildABetterMe
    Options
    Maybe I'm wrong, but 125 sounds really low for a max heart rate during an exercise session where you're REALLY pushing it.

You mentioned that you're a "heart patient." Did you consult a physician before starting any type of program / exercise regimen?

Please chime in and correct me!