I am new and over age 55 any senior friends?

Options
HI, I could use soem older buddies...but younger ones are OK too! I am a wife, mom, grandmom, nurse and Christian. I am like Moses, circleing around this mountain AGAIN, BUT I know victory is mine! I have spent many years taking care of others and neglecting myself and being out of balance. However that is in the PAST!

I am looking for some "fitness friends" to share encouragement, ideas, and friendship while we become the people we were always meant to be!
God bless you, thanks for reading ! :)

Replies

• jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    51, never thought of myself as senior!!
  • family255
    Options
    Hi...my name is Brenda. I will turn 55 in February, a teacher (will retire with 35 years next year), a mom, grandmother, a wife...and would enjoy your company. I've started over many times. I am a diabetic and have kept my numbers under control until this past year. I go back to the doctor in February and would love to show her great results. I love MyFitnessPal. I want to make this the last time I "start over". I want to get closer to God, make him more a part of my life. Let's be Fitness Pals. :)
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm a few years older than you but I would love to be a MFP friend to you. I like to have older friends also. I've been on here almost a year and I love it. If you would like to be friends just send me a request.. Faye
  • RedHatPatti
    RedHatPatti Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to "friend me"-- I'm 63 ..live in Georgia.. I'm working on becoming a better ME.. :flowerforyou: I'd be happy to help you along but need your input too. Hugs Patti.. WE CAN DO THIS
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    We can do this, ladies! :)
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    I am 56 you can friend me also!!! May God Bless you and lead you into weight loss!!! :heart:
  • dawnmfp
    dawnmfp Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dawn and over 55 - sending you a friend request.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 if that helps. Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • Maura5
    Maura5 Posts: 30
    Options
    Count me in also! I'm on an extended plateau, it seems, but I keep at it!
  • sthrnspirit
    Options
    Hi. Welcome. I am sending you a friend request also. It will be great to take this journey with all of the folks that are here to support and encourage you and you...us!
    Tina
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    55 Never thought of my self as senior either. Most of us have been here before but keep coming back. it works if you use the tools and the community
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 55 and just started this journey, too.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    There's a grou "Losing 50 in my 50's It is a great group - we are all in our 50's and really support each other"
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!! I am 54, a Christian wife, mom and grandmother and I would love to be your friend!!! Please check out my profile and add me if you would like. I look forward to taking this journey with you.

Hugs
    Bev
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and just started. Let's do this weight loss together!
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me plt55 I am 56 and not old lol
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I turn 55 this year. :) Not on a weight-loss journey but a fitness journey and am pretty good at motivation and encouragement. :)
  • Loskene
    Loskene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and need friends on the site. I am trying to stay mostly vegan, but it's tough in my family with all the meat and cheese I see around me. I think avoiding the snacks (chips and prezels) is really half the battle. Oh if I could only lose 10 more pounds, maybe I'll be able to avoid the heart attack that awaits me courtesy of my genetic background. But anyway -- we can ALL be friends.... Can't we all just get along?
  • MishelW
    MishelW Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Its never too late! and we can all use support no matter our age! my 72 year old mom just joined in!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am wife, mother and grand mother and a certified nursing assistant.....56 years young and would love to be your friend......we can all do this together. This is a great site and I have found my friends have been real supportive.............love it.

Feel free to send me a friend request.........good luck and I know you will succeed. The best thing I could have done was join MFP.