scales on carpet?

Options
Hi I was just wondering if having scales on carpet makes a difference. As my scales are in my bedroom on our rather thin carpet and they say I'm 144lb but my nans are on laminate flooring and say I'm 139lb does what type of floor they are on make that much of a difference? I dont have room to keep mine in the bathroom for them and it says not to move them around.

What do you think?

Replies

• stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I doubt the floor has anything to do with it. It is most likely a slight difference in the scales them selves. usually weigh yourself on one scale and only one, that is the only way you are going to get an accurate and fluent reading
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered this myself but instead of worrying about it I just find a hard surface and do it there...then I don't worry if it's accurate on carpet. lol.
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    I have a rather thin carpet in my spare room where my scale is and when I weigh in that room there is always a 3-4 lb difference lower on the carpet then on the hard floor! I move my scale all over the place I dont see why u cant move it around as long as you set it at 0 before you weigh!!!:heart:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter if you've always used your scales in the bedroom on the same carpet, they will have recorded your actual weight loss, and weight fluctuates over the day so maybe when you weigh yourself at your mums it is a different time of day? There are lots of things to factor.
    I think it's better to only weigh yourself on one set of scales then you're getting a more accurate overview of your weight xx
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i just bought a new scale and it said to make sure it was on a hard surface. I also notice the number difference when it's on a hard floor as to carpet, it's always more on carpet.... i think as long as you weight yourself at the same time a day and on the same surface with the same scale it doesn't matter, it will stay consistent with your weight loss. Me on the other hand, always make sure it's on the bathroom floor, 1st thing in the am after i wake up and i weight myself until i get 3 consistent readings... then i know my true weight.