Trying to break the scale addiction

katietoole12
katietoole12 Posts: 13
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
When I'm trying to lose weight, I often weigh myself every day, or even multiple times a day. I'm trying very hard this time to concentrate on the behavior of overeating rather than the scale. I really want to weigh only every couple of weeks. My resolution is to post something every time I feel like weighing myself (kind of like the rubber band on the wrist trick.) So, I may be posting lots of random stuff until I break the habit. Just giving fair warning.

Replies

• When I'm trying to lose weight, I often weigh myself every day, or even multiple times a day. I'm trying very hard this time to concentrate on the behavior of overeating rather than the scale. I really want to weigh only every couple of weeks. My resolution is to post something every time I feel like weighing myself (kind of like the rubber band on the wrist trick.) So, I may be posting lots of random stuff until I break the habit. Just giving fair warning.
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182 Member
    Is your scale digital? You could have your significant other hide the battery :smile:
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Seriously....my husband has to hide the scale from me :laugh:
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    [/quote]]I keep mine up in the closet. So I just take it down once a week and and weigh myself and put it back. They say out of site out of mind.
  • Alas, no current significant other to hide it for me. :smile:
    But I like the closet idea. On the kitchen floor is simply too tempting. I'm having a harder time with this issue than with the food.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    I must be in a serious minority, because I weigh myself every day to keep myself motivated. Maybe it works because my weight doesn't fluctuate that much from day to day. But when I get on the scale and see that number, it reminds me of my goal. When it's the same as the day before, I smile. When it's a little lower, I dance. And when it's a little higher, I shrug my shoulders and promise to do better that day. I tried not weighing myself daily because somebody told me it was a bad thing, and I ended up gaining weight. I lost some of my fire power not having that little affirmation in the morning.
This discussion has been closed.