Does anybody else feel sick after christmas

Options
I've only been working on the weight loss since Sept....exercising alot. I hadn't thought I made huge changes in my diet, just cut calories, haven't gone all "healthy"....I have cut back on the breads, butter, and sweats to keep in my calorie count, and add more veggies.

Well, Three days at my sis in laws...and I am home today, feeling sick. I'm figuring it was the fatty, sugary, foods. I happened to walk by as my one sis in law was putting 2 sticks of butter in the mashed potatoes...that's like a tablespoon per serving...The sweet potatoes were more like a soup of sugar, with marshmallows on top. Even the bread sat night had frosting on top (which i peeled off). On Sunday, we ate breakfast at 9, then no other meal till three. sis in law said we have plenty of munchies to "carry over"...it was all cookies, and stuff coated with sugar. This is all the norm, and never bothered me before. I guess I've changed more than I thought, Glad to be home where I can control the food...

Replies

• StephJ0nes
    Options
    I have felt the same way!! I started changing my eating around the same time as you. I cut out pastas, potatoes, and bread, except for on a very few occasions a couple bites of potatoes here and there. And the last 3 days, I have ate, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls and stuffing and I felt like crap too!! It feels like I have a 10 pound brick in my belly!! And my stomach is all bloated! I told my husband my body is punishing me for "falling off the wagon". Never thought I would ever NOT want to eat that stuff, and it feels pretty good I must say!!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Yup.....although I KNEW it would probably make me sick, so I didn't do as much sugary/fatty food as I might have done LAST year! Went to a friend's house, and I know she cooks with a lot of butter and sugar..........so just ate little bits of stuff. It was okay - because the LAST time I was at her house, I was really sick when I came home!

My body's changing, and I like that. I only gained a pound during the Christmas-Eat-Til-You-Burst season, so am feeling great about that!

Happy New Year, all!
  • aledapita
    Options
    I ate as healthy as I could but I felt bloated and gross. I normally cook my own meals but during the holidays I'm not sure what people put in their meals. I feel gross and got back on my own home cooking today. I feel like it will take a week to get back to feeling "clean".
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Definitely. In addition to the brick in my belly and marshmellow chocolate puff that has gleaned to my back side, I also got the complimentary beginnings of a sore throat, courtesy of stress induced travel.

It was fresh squeezed grapefruit juice for me this morning! Good luck on everyone's recovery!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    uh yes... Christmas night I felt like I was going to barf and I really didn't eat that much.. When I woke up in the am on sunday my bf and I both stated that we felt as though we had horrible hangovers and we didn't even drink. I am so excited to be back at work and on my diet schedual. I also feel bloated and gross.... I felt sexy on Friday and today I feel like a heffer.... UGHHHHH
  • auctoritas
    Options
    I'm on a very low carb diet and the only thing that made me feel like garbage was the two glasses of wine I had on boxing day. :D So today I'm nursing a weird hangover.