Couch 2 5k Group?

Options
Hey Pals!

I'm starting the Couch 2 5k Program... Are there any groups out there or anyone else starting it? I'd love to have some friends to go through it with me!!!! :)

Replies

• aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am just starting it! I did W1D1 ysterday. I thinkk there is a group...haven't joined though. Friend me if you want! :smile:
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just "decided" to run as my workout last night and really kinda liked it! SO I am going to be giving C25K a try. I was just coming onto the fitness forum to look for or start a group myself. Feel free to friend me :)
  • swedishwillow
    swedishwillow Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    :D feel free to friend me too!
    I just started a couple of weeks ago and finally decided next week Ill go to Weekk2 :D
    taking my time I dont want to get discouraged

GO US
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is a group for c25k...I am on week 6 and I can't believe how much the program works! I never thought I would be able to run 20 minutes straight! Good luck to everyone! We can do this!
  • ac33160
    Options
    Hi, I am in week 6, its awesome!
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The program is pretty sweet! I'm on week 4 day 1... add me as a friend!!! Keep on running :- )
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I just repeated w4d3 last night, since Christmas made me miss a few days.
    I don't know if there is a group, but you're welcome to add me as a friend if you would like to share the progress.
    It is a very effective program, especially since I'm off my lazy butt and loving it!
  • SerenaBeans08
    SerenaBeans08 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just got the app last night and I am starting tonight with W1D1. Hopefully, I'll be ready for a 5k in April!
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just started last week too! I did the three days for Week 1 consecutively though, and my tibias are the worse for it.. I'm gonna keep doing a few week 1 days this week, before going over to week 2.
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    I completed the 20 minute run :) Never thought I would ever run at all and I love it. I had to take a break though due to surgery and am DYING to go back to it! I am afraid being away from excerise for 2 weeks will put me behind, but as long as I can get back to where I was before, I am sure I will be fine ;)

Good Luck with it!
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I want to start also, hoping to do so this week but I have to ready a spot for my treadmill so I can!
  • lauralou23
    Options
    Just got the app last night and I am starting tonight with W1D1. Hopefully, I'll be ready for a 5k in April!

There is a Couch to 5k app!?! No way! That's awesome!
  • jedinight32
    Options
    Hello all! I am on week 2 day 3. Can't wait to start week 3. I really do enjoy this program. I do not feel like it is boring or a burden. :)
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The iPhone App "Ease into 5K" is great.
    And when you're done that one you can do the "Bridge to 10K" App. It is also great (I'm half way through it).

Be sure to rest between workouts as your body needs time to recover, especially in the beginning!
    Good luck!
  • BuildABetterMe
    Options
    Yesterday was Week 3, Run 1 for me. It was tough! First time the runs extended beyond 90 seconds at a time.. whew!

While searching for good music for this, I found the PodRunner podcast on iTunes. Totally free! For those without an iPod, of ir you just want to download MP3s manually, check out the website:

http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html

The "First Day to 5K" is great. It uses constant BPM (beats per minute) to help you get steps and pacing down. These increase through the program... Notification tones tell you when to speed up and slow down, and of course the music speeds and slows as well. It matches the layout of the Couch to 5k schedule.

There are also programs to take you beyond 5k... up to 8k and 10k. Again, all totally free. I'm not a salesman, just a happy user :)
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hey Pals!

I'm starting the Couch 2 5k Program... Are there any groups out there or anyone else starting it? I'd love to have some friends to go through it with me!!!! :)
    I am starting week 1 day 1 tonight!!! feel free to add me!! i would love to do this with someone else!
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just repeated w4d3 last night, since Christmas made me miss a few days.
    I don't know if there is a group, but you're welcome to add me as a friend if you would like to share the progress.
    It is a very effective program, especially since I'm off my lazy butt and loving it!

I repeated this week - because I needed it after Christmas also. LOL
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've completed W1D2 and it's great so far! I'm hoping to be able to run a 5K race in April or May and then start training for a half marathon. I used to HATE running with a passion now I actually enjoy it....who woulda thought! :laugh:
  • EJsMummy26
    EJsMummy26 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3, day 2. Although I've only been doing it for 2 weeks. I've accelerated it, since I want to pick up speed before the race March 10th.