Veggie recipe for veggie haters

Options
robinmac
robinmac Posts: 5 Member
im looking for good recipes foe my husband and I who have never been big veggie lovers but are trying to incorporate vegetables into our diet. Ay suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have been adding finely chopped peppers, onions, garlic, celery, and mushrooms to ground beef/turkey and then using that mixture on pastas, pizzas, and wraps and I love it!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Take lots of vegetables (aubergines, onions, courgettes, all that stuff) and fry them up (onions first), and then plonk in a tin or two of chopped tomatoes and simmer for 20 mins or so. Don't forget to add a teaspoon of sugar (unrefined if you're cutting down on refined sugar). It's good with bread. The taste of the tomatoes are strong which might make it more palatable for you.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    have you ever tried mashed cauliflower? It takes just like mashed potatoes!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I love grilled veggies, onins, peppers, squash, all that stuff, but a little oil and salt and pepper. The grill brigns out the sweetness
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm a veggie lover, but I've seen good tips from moms on this site. They "hide" veggies from their picky eaters by cutting/blending them up fine in the food process and incorporating into sauces. If you ever make homemade bread or dough, you can also hide the veggies in there.
  • goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Last night I made spaghetti squash tossed with marinara. The squash isn't exactly like spaghetti but it doesn't really have a flavor of its own so it is pretty darn close with the marinara on it. They just started showing up in the grocery store here and there's lots of picture tutorials online of how to cook them too.
  • kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mashed cauliflower.
  • val_140
    val_140 Posts: 75
    Options
    I tried this one yesterday.
    Bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower & mushrooms grilled with a couple of tablespoons of teriyaki sauce.

It was delicious, but control the sauce. It was 15 calories per tablespoon.
  • hockeyman28
    Options
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/30/health/nutrition/30recipehealth.html

Spicy lentils. We add a half a sweet potato per serving. It is beyond delicious. Serve alone or on any favorite bread. My wife is a veggie hater and she loves it as well.
  • robinmac
    robinmac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! I will keep trying things!
  • Loridmer
    Loridmer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know you posted this a long time ago I just now saw it. My daughter-in-law fixed frozen carrots and broccoli the other day by just adding some sliced up butter and salt and pepper and a little bit of water and basically steamed it till done (15-20 min). You know me a very picky eater and I loved it!