Breakfast Bowls 184 Calories!

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
While I'm not a huge breakfast person, I love Burger King's Breakfast bowls! ... But then I checked the nutritional information... :( 540 Calories, 42 g fat, 375 MG Cholesterol, and 1020 MG Sodium.m the only saving grace was 24g protein...

So... I made my own!

Ingredients:
2 slices of turkey Bacon (I used Oscar Meyer since it was on sale, but you would be going even healthier if you used Hormel)
2/3 cup egg beaters original liquid eggs
1 wedge laughing cow light swiss cheese
Mustard, "no Salt", and black pepper to taste.

Heat the bacon in the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
"no salt' and pepper the eggs heat for 1.5 min, stir and heat for another 60 seconds
crumble the bacon and top on the eggs, smash the laughing cow light swiss cheese and spread on top as well, heat all together for 30 seconds. top with mustard. Voila!

It doesn't taste exactly like the breakfast bowls but it definately is good enough to satisfy my craving for them! You could also add steamed peppers and onions for not many calories, or if you don't like bacon you could use veggie burgers cut up.

As prepared, my recipe has 184 calories, 8g fat, 35 mg Cholesterol 950mg sodium and 22g protein. Enjoy!

Replies

• countryfatgirl
    countryfatgirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You could also use the turkey bites... I bet it would be awesome. thanks for the recipe.. I struggle with breakfast.
  • lynnarnsdorf
    Options
    love your recipe!!! I'll use Trader Joe's sulfite free turkey bacon.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is a great alternative to my boring cereal. I've been looking for
    new breakfast ideas that are lower in carbs and higher in protein.

This is great!:happy:
  • duchess_natas
    duchess_natas Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I feel like I eat the same breakfast over and over again. Thanks for the idea. It's going to be great to use for a change. Got any more great breakfast ideas?
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Breakfast is a hard meal for me to find foods I don't get bored with too :) You could put it all in a whole wheat tortilla for some extra fiber and only about 100 extra calories too, that would make it great for on the go!
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    def trying this out tomorrow, thank yoU!