Who Hula Hoops?

Options
I got a weighted hula hoop for Christmas, and I am sore from giving it a 30 minute trial last night. My goal is to learn some performance tricks (move it from torso, to arm, to neck, etc.). I don't think I can do this with the weighted hoop because it is ribbed and would not be good for your neck (and also kind of hurts my hips so far):

http://stores.jfit.com/SPD/segmented-hula-hoop--3lb--8000020D-1278006823.jsp

I will probably end up buying an additional non-ribbed hula hoop, so that I can eventually do some things. Anybody have any tips for a new hula hooper?

Thanks,
Tiffany

Replies

• capalm
    capalm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It gets too easy after awhile so jog in place while doin it or walk around to keep up heart rate
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I do !! I have a weighted hula hoop as well I love using it !!!
  • sheclimbsrocks
    sheclimbsrocks Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Also, my husband was laughing at me whenever I couldn't keep it going and it fell to my feet. Then he tried it and couldn't even get it to spin once. HA!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've been playing with my hula hoop for the past six hours.
    I've been using the Hoopnotica DVDs to learn the types of tricks you're talking about.
    I love it so far :)
    I've mastered the waist, hips, hand-off, and halos, but I am still working on mastering floating and corkscrews.

Edit: I'm currently using a 38inch, 2lb hoop with water inside, although I may later get one without water if it winds up interfering with my tricks - but so far so good :)