Protein per serving

Options
How much protein can a female process at one sitting. I'm 5'3' and 127 pounds. I eat Fage Greek yogurt in the morning, and soon after have a protein shake. I'm wondering if I would do myself a service by allowing more time between them.

Fage= 18 g protein
Protein shake= 30 g protein

Replies

• danamae
    danamae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hope you get an answer, I've wondered the same thing myself
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Short answer: Don't worry about it. Your body is more efficient than you think.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/is-there-a-limit-to-how-much-protein-the-body-can-use-in-a-single-meal/
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    ^ Agree
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I agree...I think your body can handle it...how many grams are you intaking daily...I usually divide my daily intake by 4 (I have 4 meals generally)

For me - I try to get at least 120g of protein per day... I do a shake in the morning and 2 scoops in the evening - so that brings me down to 60g more per day...as long as I get it, I don't worry. I also don't worry if I go over by 20g or so.

The protein has been good for me, the more the merrier.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Usually I have around 30-40g per meal, but I can go up to 60-70g in a main meal.
    I can't see any problem with what you are getting and as others have said, I wouldn't worry about it - unless you have kidney issues.

I'm 5'8 and 150lbs.