Tofu lovers, please help!

Options
strawberry25shortcake
strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
I am in desperate need of a low-cal tofu stir-fry recipe...any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am in desperate need of a low-cal tofu stir-fry recipe...any suggestions? Thanks!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I have a super yummy one!

I throw some sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil and put half the jar in a sautee pan with some garlic and red pepper flakes, then I toss in small cubes of tofu until they crisp up...once they are crispy I toss in lots of fresh spinach leaves until they wilt. (couple mins).

This dish tastes great hot or cold.
    I love it and people at work love it...they said they hated tofu, HA! :laugh:
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Eggplant, zucchini, peppers, and tofu tossed in some soy sauce, garlic, and fresh ginger...YUM~~~
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for tofu loaf! Sounds and looks pretty nasty, but, my fiance and I like it better than real meatloaf! Let me know if you are interested.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I know it isn't stir-fry, but this is my favorite tofu recipe:
    report this post | ground rules
    Tofu Stroganoff
    serves 6
    4 points per serving

1/2 pound firm tofu, cubed small
    2 c parsley garlic ribbon noodles, or flat noodle of choice, cooked al dente

Marinade:
    2 tablespoons tamari
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon water

Saute:
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 C yellow onion, sliced thin
    1 teaspoon garlic, minced
    1 C mushrooms, sliced
    2 tablespoons parsley, chopped

Sauce:
    6 tablespoons unsweetened soymilk
    1 tablespoon mirin
    1/4 pound firm tofu
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine marinade ingredients with 1/2 pound tofu and let sit for 30 minutes. Drain marinade from tofu, saving marinade. Bake tofu in 8X8 inch pan til golden brown, about 30 mins. Saute onions, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil til soft , then add the left over marinade. Blend the sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth, and then add to the saute. Simmer for 20 minutes, then add baked tofu. Mix with the noodles just before serving. Garnish with parsley.