New year, new me!

Options
Hi, I'm Jessa. I'm not going to beat around the bush, I will need a lot of support. I always give up on this, I don't know why. I feel it's because I don't see instant results and I just get down on myself. Or maybe I just get too busy. I'm getting married next year and I would like to not be a fat bride and hate my wedding pictures. Don't get me wrong women must have curves, but I don't have curves, I got rolls. So lets start this new years right and kick 2010 weight out the door!

Replies

• feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have given up alot in the past but i decided that im not gonna do it anymore. I have a friend of mine from school that has taught me about nutrition and things like that. The more she taught me, the more i was motivated and I managed to lose 15lbs in my first month! Ill help motivate you if you want! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Congrats on the engagement and soon to be wedding! =)
    Fidaa
  • kellbell1981
    Options
    Hi Jessa, I am the same way I don't see results I quit!! I just found this site tonight and I have seen so much inspiration in it! I am hoping I can stick with it myself!! Congratulations on getting married!! Lets try and and see if we can stick with together and make it happen!!
  • silverheartemt
    Options
    HI I'm Ali, I just joined tonight after a coworker and friend introduced me. I too have tried many things and do great for the first month but then give up. Sticking togeather is the best support ever. I have always hide my weight lose tries and have failed. Support is what everyone needs!!

Congrats on the wedding! How exciting!!!!
  • jenniferlynnn93
    Options
    I'm with you. Definitely have given up numerous times in the past, hell, lately. It's just a matter of REALLY, really NEEDING to lose weight.
  • wekickkittt
    Options
    I'm with you. Definitely have given up numerous times in the past, hell, lately. It's just a matter of REALLY, really NEEDING to lose weight.

Seriously, haha. Since my fiance and I have been together, I've gained a good 30 pounds, it's sickening. On top of I'm already over weight. He cuts pop out of his diet and he lost 30 pounds. I'm happy for him, but at the same time I'm pissed. Haha.
  • jenniferlynnn93
    Options

Seriously, haha. Since my fiance and I have been together, I've gained a good 30 pounds, it's sickening. On top of I'm already over weight. He cuts pop out of his diet and he lost 30 pounds. I'm happy for him, but at the same time I'm pissed. Haha.

Men tend to lose it faster/easier! I hear ya. There's a few people I know that have lost some with little effort. My sisters boyfriend stopped drinking pop for a week and lost ten pounds. Haha.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile
  • wekickkittt
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile

Best advice yet. Thank you so much! I also thought about making a goal board. So every day I can look at it for more motivation.
  • MGleason2010
    MGleason2010 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Megan and i'm from Michigan too! Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for new friends and support as well! :smile:
  • wekickkittt
    Options
    Awesome, where in MI are you from?