when do you do it?

Options
I've hard that is better to weigh yourself in the evening to get your true weight, specifically not in the mornings. Is this true? When do you weigh in? Is there a "better" time? Before or after exercise? Idk?

Replies

• formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what time of day you weigh in, but its preferable to be consistent --that is, weigh in about the same time each day or week or whenever you weigh.
  • KerryMartinez
    Options
    I do prefer to weigh in the morning. What matters is the relative weight loss or gain, so like @formersec says, weigh at around the same time of the day, dressed in similar clothes (or no clothes) to get the most accurate indication of weight loss (or gain).

Also - I'm trying very hard to limit my weigh-ins to once a week because weight fluctuates based on water weight and other factors. It's hard, but if you only weigh in 1 time a week, you won't let your hopes and resolve get dashed with the roller-coaster through the week.
  • mommyoverboard
    Options
    Good thinking! Thanks for your thoughts!

Also - I'm trying very hard to limit my weigh-ins to once a week because weight fluctuates based on water weight and other factors. It's hard, but if you only weigh in 1 time a week, you won't let your hopes and resolve get dashed with the roller-coaster through the week.
    [/quote]