Just started my diet today

Options
I just started my diet today and going to stay positive!

Replies

• 531Warrior
    Options
    Alright! No better way than to start right away. Keep going and in no time you'll see results :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    good luck. hope you stick with it, and enjoy yourself. most people here will tell you that this isn't a website for dieting; it's for a lifestyle change. you can still eat what you want, but as long as you control your portions, you can lose weight. good luck!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    good luck. hope you stick with it, and enjoy yourself. most people here will tell you that this isn't a website for dieting; it's for a lifestyle change. you can still eat what you want, but as long as you control your portions, you can lose weight. good luck!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great! If you need a friend, feel free to add me. I've been a MFP member since November 2010 and just recently started adding friends! Since I've been doing that, I find I've been sticking with it. Good luck on your journey:flowerforyou:

Kathy
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I agree with those that day not to call it a "diet"... usually what happens when i have that mentality is i am not thinking of it as a lifestyle and i go back to eating horribly again once my "diet" is over and i've lost "x amount of lbs".... don't do that to yourself. make it a long lasting change!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting the journey. Remember that it's step at a time, one day at at time, one meal at time, one bite at a time. If you eat something you feel you shouldn't, you haven't ruined the diet; just pick up and move on and learn from your mistakes.

Good luck!!!!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    For most people calling it a 'diet' soon discourages them and they are more likely to fall into old habits of unhealthy eating. It makes them feel like they are denying themselves, but to each his own. welcome and good luck.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options

That's a start! GOod luck on yoru diet!! STay positive and focused!!
  • aNewMiniMe
    aNewMiniMe Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Me too. Well at least I just started recording it. Mentally I am always starting. LOL:laugh:
  • keachmanor
    Options
    Kudos to everyone for starting their new journey. I must admit the Holiday's messed my plans ALL up and I avoided MFP totally LOL But I am back and realized how much I missed it - just LOVE the Food Tracker!!!!!!!

Hugs to you all and let's get our butts moving ;o)

Amy
  • kelseyessex
    Options

me too! I will add you as a friend and we can support each other :) please join my 2012 Challenge x
  • 19steph88
    19steph88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Add me as a friend if you would like!!
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Diet: closed-ended. Goal-oriented. Deprivation and mentally difficult to do. Change eating habits: open-ended, can set short goals, not depriving or difficult because it's positive result oriented. I took a program that said Diet's are automatically negative - which you rebel, feel deprived and then when you do 'cheat' you feel guilty and want to give up.
    Changing your eating habits just means you want to eat better, be healthier and lost a few lbs along the way. if you CHOSE to eat something - you do. No guilt, no rebellion, no giving up. You just keep it going.
    I did find that I'm more obsessed about entering everything I eat, and all my work outs. Since I've set a goal to lose 20-25 lbs, I'm strict about this part of it. Once I meat my goal - about 5 more lbs to lose, I'll ease up a bit on my obsessive entering.....or not. lol
    Lastly - add as many friends as you can. You'll need and use the support as well as the advice many folks can give you.
    It's a life-change, not one goal. We'll ride up and down over the years, yet the overall idea is to live longer, live healthier AND happier!
    Good luck - we can do it!
    Judy