strawberry cupcakes

Options
so I decided after seeing many posts about making cake with diet soda I would give it a try. I made strawberry cupcakes with sprite zero. I dont know how the cupcakes are yet since I just put them in the oven but I can tell you the batter was AMAZING!!! Thanks for the awesome idea!!!

So can anyone tell me how I figure out the calorie count in them?

Replies

• harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    so I decided after seeing many posts about making cake with diet soda I would give it a try. I made strawberry cupcakes with sprite zero. I dont know how the cupcakes are yet since I just put them in the oven but I can tell you the batter was AMAZING!!! Thanks for the awesome idea!!!

So can anyone tell me how I figure out the calorie count in them?
  • FletcherChic
    FletcherChic Posts: 158
    Options
    i think the box's nutritional info will give you the stats for just the mix...take that number and divide it by however many cupcakes you made and that sum will be the calorie count per cupcake
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    Thank you for the info!!

BTW they ARE AMAZING!!! EVERYONE MUST TRY THEM!!!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    They sound delicious! My mouth is watering. Did you just use a strawberry cake mix? Did you add the soda in as the liquid? This is the first I've seen of making cake with soda.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    That sounds super yummy! I made a pinapple /orange cake tonight. Pinapple cake mix and diet orange pop. Yummy!!!!!!!!!! :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    I added sprite zero ibelieve it was a cup and a half!! oh and the calories are 170 per cupcake DELICIOUS!!!! They are a must try for sure
  • Jayberian
    Jayberian Posts: 60
    Options
    oooh they are my weakness right now! i made some on saturday with a pillsbury super moist strawberry mix + diet cherry 7-up! they were/are sooooo good!! still good and moist 3 days later and i'm surprised i still have any left. i'll admit, i gave in and tried the batter, too. then i couldn't keep out of it! this was my first time making it with diet soda, too. definitely a success and will definitely do it again!
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    mmmmmmm diet cherry i bet that is yummo. i will admit i got busted in the batter also lol!! I cant wait to try other flavors for real. I still dont get how they are so low in calories nor will I ask lol
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I need to try that kind. I've always done chocolate cake mix with Coke Zero. Yum! Last night I made dark chocolate cake mix with pumpkin and dark chocolate chunks to turn into cookies. I had three today. :embarassed: Good thing I did a big workout today.
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this - what are you substituting in the cake mix for the diet sodas? In other words what is the recipe? Thanks - I am still rather new at this - and sugar is my biggest problem. Thanks for any help you can give.
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    One could always make mini cupcakes also.

Sounds like some yummy variations out there though.
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    Roserex
    Instead of adding eggs, oil and water you add diet soda to the mix. Its amazing and like yourself I have a sweet tooth, this will fix it right up. Give ita try you will be surprised. I like it better than adding all the other stuff into it!!!

Becky
    What a great idea with the mini cupcakes I LOVE IT!!!!
  • Jayberian
    Jayberian Posts: 60
    Options
    Yes it's DEFINITELY much easier! I'm not a baker AT ALL! That's why I love it. Just the package of cake mix + a can of diet soda!! Bake as directed on the box. You can mix and match whatever flavors you want. I can't wait to try more either!! :tongue:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Hey Harleygirl! I told you it would work! as long as you use one 12 ounce can of diet soda to one box of cake mix you can try any combo you think will flavor blend, try rootbeer and spice cake, out of this world! you can shred carrots in the batter and voila, mini carrot cakes!
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    czewwhat
    WOW amazing ideas allof them. I just finished eating a cupcake actually. I love that I dont even need icing with them so good for real!! THANKS AGAIN!!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    did you use the mix and soda version or did you add the two egg whites too?
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    I did the mix and sprite zero no egg whites for me!! They are so amazing Im totally surprised I had the strength to not eat them all actually LOL!!!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    It is an old southern recipe actually, called "Soda Cake" I don't know why it works, but it does and stays moist for days! Great to substitute for Birthday cake! light fluffy and yummy every time!
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! This looks awesome. I can hardly wait to try it. I am having trouble with just the boxed cake mix & 12 oz. can of diet soda. Are you sure that's all????
  • czewwhat
    Options
    WOW!!! This looks awesome. I can hardly wait to try it. I am having trouble with just the boxed cake mix & 12 oz. can of diet soda. Are you sure that's all????

I swear it on the 18 pounds of ugly fat I have lost, try it!! I didn't think it would work either, but it does!