hi just joined and starting my diet today

Options
hi i need motivation thats why i have joinged this website. i need to shed 2 stone by july and ive been trying for 3 years!! from 70kg to 58kg
im on the atkins diet..ive tried it before and i lost 2 stone, i want to loose the weight then go on to a healthy salad and protein diet
anyone else on the atkins? if not what diets are you doing and how much have you lost so far, id love some friends
as my ones are not really supporting me with this especially my family always offering me food thats how ive become this size, my weddings mid year HELP!!

Replies

• VICKYORTIZ
    VICKYORTIZ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i've been doing adkins and have lost...just recently fell off the wagon but I'm starting back up again! I've seen good results and I hope you have the same....Good luck.
  • LisaWrob9803
    Options
    Not so much a diet, just watch what you eat, and make good choices. I would hesitate against cutting out too many carbs, especially if you want to have energy and plan to work out. Remember, the more you burn the more you can eat!
  • melinda6569
    Options
    First of all ..By doing one type of DIET you set yourself up to FAIL you will gain all of the weight back and probably more... This has to be a life style change not a diet. You should not eliminate any one type of food but eat in MODERATION.,and EXERCISE.. This is a slow long and steady process, but with friends and support you can acheive whatever you want. Good luck to you on your journey. You will love it here..Feel free to add me if you want.. :wink:
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    Hi Nakx!

I do have an Atkins story. It may work wonderfully for some people, and it did work very well for me. I lost 30 pounds on the diet plan, BUT, it came with a very severe price for me. All the protein on the Atkins plan was too much for my kidneys and I went into renal failure. I also developed gout while on the diet. That has been several years ago and I still have a lot of kidney troubles. I would ask anyone that I know about to try that diet to please reconsider. My doctors advised me against this diet plan.

Welcome and good luck! Look forward to talking to you on the message board! :)

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!
  • jakenolan
    Options
    I am just starting my cut-down too so best of luck! I know we can do it!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor, and ditch the fad diet mentality. Follow the recommendations laid out by MyFitnessPal, hitting your calorie, carbs, fat & protein goals -- eating real foods that you like. It's a plan that one can sustain, and it works.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor, and ditch the fad diet mentality. Follow the recommendations laid out by MyFitnessPal, hitting your calorie, carbs, fat & protein goals -- eating real foods that you like. It's a plan that one can sustain, and it works.

^What he said.

Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • stowens75
    stowens75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    this site has really helped me along the way. i have been doing an exercise regimine along with changing some of the things that i eat. A diet program will just make you rebound quicker. just stick to the settings that you set for yourself to reach and your goal will be obtainable. I have went from 216 lbs to 185 lbs from oct 1 till christmas. still have more for me to go but you can do it

Stacey Owens
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Kesha and my goal is to lose 30 lbs by September. This is realistic and I know I can do it! I just need motivation and a plan. Good luck to us all!
  • Princesslenox
    Princesslenox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have not tried the Atkins diet, but i'm on a low fat and low calorie diet and lost 18 lbs in a little over a month. Every once in awhile i treat myself because if I completely deprive myself I am more likely to endulge and over eat.
  • kylecalderon
    Options
    Good luck for your diet! But, be careful because the best diets are different for everyone.

Diet plans are like running shoes. You won't get far if they don't fit you. That's why it's so important to choose a weight loss program that suits your tastes and lifestyle. And, usually it's not free to get the best of yours.

You can visit http://bestweightlossreviewed.com/ to see others recommended diet tips.

Kyle
  • nakx
    nakx Posts: 2
    Options
    hi how long have you been doing it?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the madness!
    MADNESS I TELL YOU!!!!
    =D

It's not that bad once you get the hang of it!

Queue the "Thats what she said" jokes!
  • gracehannah
    gracehannah Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have found that myfitnesspal is a lifestyle changer, last year it helped me lose 8kg without really dieting. I stopped using it and in 1 month gained back 5 of the kilo's. It helps you if you stick with it and it works really well to keep you on track, good luck :)