How many pounds are you trying to lose a week?

Options
Mine is currently set to 2 lbs a week which takes me down to 1300/day. The only good thing about this is that it forces me to exercise, other then that it's hard for me to stick since I'm a former binger (up to 4,000 cal in one binge). What's yours set to?

Replies

• cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm set for 2 lbs per week, but I'm not losing that even though I stay under (not too far under though). I don't get it.
  • Britt5288
    Options
    I got mine set for a 2lbs a week.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 1/2 lb per week which allows for 1410 calories before exercise.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    2lbs per week and I have 1200cal and then any exercise calories I burn added to that.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 1lb a week. I am going to switch to maintaining in a couple of weeks and work on muscle mass and fat burning. I am less concerned about the number on the scale than I am my waist size.
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    Mine was set to 1lb/week, but it's currently set to 2lb per week due to my little affair with food on Sunday.
  • RachelRunner78
    RachelRunner78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    2#'s a week
  • Princesslenox
    Princesslenox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine is also set to 2 lbs a week with a 1230 cal a day. I don't feel deprived because i eat alot of fruit and vegetables.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 1lb a week. I am going to switch to maintaining in a couple of weeks and work on muscle mass and fat burning. I am less concerned about the number on the scale than I am my waist size.

THIS!
    I have mine on 2lbs per week but I plan on doing this as well, I have a target weight and/or bodyfat % goal but the body fat % is more important than the actual weight.
  • I set my diary for 1 pound lost per week (1390 cals/day). But I try to focus more on inches lost rather than pounds, since I'm trying to build more muscle.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have mine set for 1lb per week...I just increased my protein though, so hopefully that will help too!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    im looking to lose ANYTHING at this point!!
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    Mine is set to 1 lb a week, which gives me 1200 calories. I don't think I can actually lose 1 lb a week though, according to MFP. When I set it to .5 lbs, it only gives me an extra 20 calories.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    When I started, I was 2 pounds a week. I was obese (only 5'2" and was 200 pounds), so I could lose that safely. After a while (when I got to the "overweight" category), I set it to 1 pound a week. More recently, I set it to 1/2 a pound a week loss. I actually am losing more steadily with it on a 1/2 pound loss than I was when it was a 1 pound loss. I also started zigzagging though.
  • pearlchafer
    Options
    I need to loose 40 pounds
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    1/2 lb per week
  • mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to 1lb a week and should be eating 1,560 calories, but try and stay between 1200-1390 so I will lose more but also so it will be easy for me to eat lower amounts as I get lighter. I'm successfully losing 1.5lbs a week :)
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    1/2 lb, I want something that it easier for me to make and maintain, I barely make my goal even with sat and sun off, but counting in general seems to help :-)
  • Don26
    Don26 Posts: 46
    Options
    2 pounds :smile:
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    As many as possible.