Christmas NSV

Options
pajomu
pajomu Posts: 25 Member
I have lost about 20 pounds so far, hopefully on my way to around 100 total. I saw many relatives this past weekend, a lot of them I see only a couple times a year. One aunt gave me a hug and whispered to me that I look great. Another aunt was talking to me away from other people (she didn't want to say anything in front of everyone else) and said the same thing "You look great!" And my uncle congratulated me and said he was proud of me. Awww! It's very inspiring and will get me back on track after a long weekend of not worrying about what I eat (yet, I didn't way over indulge as I could have!). Yay!

Replies

• celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Nothing like positive feedback from real live people. I have lost 31 lbs. and received similar reactions to people I hadn't seen in awhile. My hubby also told me today that I looked great all through the holidays. That's even better than a scale victory, in my opinion.
  • vision2012
    vision2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :smile: Yay for supportive family
  • LowCarbsHighHopes
    LowCarbsHighHopes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's great, the same thing happened to me... relatives I saw at Thanksgiving couldn't believe how great I looked. Only 20 lbs, but it showed & my husband keeps telling me how great I look, and I love the way he looks at me proudly :D
  • pajomu
    pajomu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, a supportive family helps tremendously! It makes the difficult endeavor of weight loss a little bit easier!
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased for you. Thank you for sharing this good-news story, and congratulations on the weight-loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!