I ate up to my cals and I am hungry

Options
sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
Ok, so today I hurt my back, so I have been grabbing snacks all day..............did not eat anything bad for me, but OD'd on mixed nuts and dried cranberries....but I need food food now nand I have 86 cals left....has anyone else ever done this?

:huh:

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Ok, so today I hurt my back, so I have been grabbing snacks all day..............did not eat anything bad for me, but OD'd on mixed nuts and dried cranberries....but I need food food now nand I have 86 cals left....has anyone else ever done this?

:huh:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Yes. I usually just go over a bit and do better the next day. Good luck!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I just go ahead a go over. You should be okay as long as you don't go over maintenance cals. Try some broccoli and baked/boiled chicken breast or tuna and beans. It will fill you up and you won't go too far over.

I hope you back gets better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    Congrats on your soon to be wedding !! As far as going over my cals...I have a few times and I try not to beat myself up for it. I just do better the next day. Good Luck !
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    fruit is a good bet in this case (ie an apple is 80 cal) yogurt 80-110, strawberries 4 large 23 cal.
    1 oz low fat cheese 88 cal. Hope these suggestions help.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    you can make a great leafy salad with lemon juice and seasoning as your dressing and not go over on your calories at all.
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    yeah, an apple would be a good choice. maybe it's just me, but i usually get full before i ever finish an apple!
  • click
    click Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This happened to me this evening, even after attempting to run and taking a walk, because I wore my muscles out running yesterday. I can't live on 1300 calories so I just have to excerscise every day, sometimes I get fatigued.

You know what I did? I hurried and rode my bike to the beach and back (7 miles) before the sun set, arrived home just before dark. And then what did I do? I ate part of a steak and cheese quesedilla I made for my boyfriend. Yep. I made room.
  • click
    click Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    also, while its not good to starve yourself when you need fuel and need to feed your muscles, if you didnt' work out today it's probably ok to feel a little hungry. drink some water if you can't exercise, just get yourself filled up a bit on something else and occupy yourself by reading or something. i really hated it for a while but eventually your brain resets what hungry really is.