Starting over after relapse!

Options
HI all, I'm Kesha. I joined 2 weeks ago. I am now committed to make a change.
I know that weight loss goals can be reached without fad diets and surgeries.
Last year I lost a total of 44 lbs in 6 months by watching what I ate and exercise.
It was difficult to stay on task, but I reminded myself of where I was in life..and I did not want to go backwards.
However recently I encountered difficult times in my personal life as a result..I fell off the bandwagon :sad:

I gained 15 lbs back in 4 months! Now I'm determined to go even harder this time and lose 30 lbs before my birthday in September.
I have found this site to be extremely helpful in keeping me on task.
Good luck to us all and much success in the upcoming year!

Replies

• melissammundy
    Options
    same here i lost 20lbs while my husband was on deployment, he came back home in july 2011 and i gained 7lbs in 3 months! now i am back down to my weight from when he came home but the scale isn't moving and im only 4lbs away from my first goal weight
  • mspshay2003
    Options
    Congrats on joining.. You will make your goal and this site is a great way to stay encourgaged
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement ladies! Its easy to gain...but soooo hard to lose!
  • loriamcq
    Options
    Good job on the weight loss, I'm sure you'll get back to it and reach your goal. I also took some time off and gained back some of the weight I had lost. I'm ready and motivated to stick with it this time. Feel free to friend me if you need more people on your support team.
  • LovelyLibra79
    Options
    Thank you Lori!!!
  • leezanicole
    Options
    I have fell off the wagon PLENTY of times. Somehow I am just pushing myself harder and have been doing well for 4 months now. And you are right.. its so easy to gain! Don't give up! Little changes will equal to something big!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I lost 33 pounds last year and gained half back. My routine changed with a new job etc. and I have learned to reorganize my priorities. If I can't get to the gym for an hour.. that is ok... just get there.... even if its only 20 minutes. It is all part of the process. I like to think that for every slip there is a valuable lesson to learn about yourself... to make you successful.
  • Imani79
    Options
    I've fallen twice already so don't feel bad. It's great that you've made the decision to give it another try.
  • LovelyLibra79
    Options
    I have fell off the wagon PLENTY of times. Somehow I am just pushing myself harder and have been doing well for 4 months now. And you are right.. its so easy to gain! Don't give up! Little changes will equal to something big!
    Great job Leeza! you inspire me!!
  • LovelyLibra79
    Options
    I completely understand. I lost 33 pounds last year and gained half back. My routine changed with a new job etc. and I have learned to reorganize my priorities. If I can't get to the gym for an hour.. that is ok... just get there.... even if its only 20 minutes. It is all part of the process. I like to think that for every slip there is a valuable lesson to learn about yourself... to make you successful.
    You're so Right Sara, I am working out every chance I get even at work. Thanks for the encouragement!