2012 is OUR year!

Options
Hello!!! I just want to start by saying that we all are going to kick butt in 2012 and help each other to do it! At least that is the attitude I am starting with.

I have had a rough last year and need to get my act together. I am not going to diet but rather get healthy. I am a yo-yo eater where I will eat good for X amount of time and then eat bad so whatever good I did, is lost. I have bad arthritis in my knees and have Lumbar Spine Stenosis so have to be very careful as to what exercising I do. I am looking to get into swimming since it's zero impact and I LIKE to swim. Just have to get over being the fat one at the gym.. LOL

So my goal is to eat better instead of dieting. I want to eat in moderation and eat healthier. I think by changing my mindset, the lbs, fat %, BMI, whatever you want to measure by, will improve. And overall, my health will improve.

I am up for any guidance, thoughts, support, recipes, challenges, etc that you think can help us all! I look forward to this journey with each and every one of you!

Replies

• norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome James .

This is an amazing place and the support is incredible.
    you can add me if you would like :)

and just think many of those at the gym had to start at one point too
    I never worry about what they think....because I am there to make myself better *grin*
  • bflicker11
    Options
    I'm right there with you!!!! 2012 is gonna be great. I started 2011 at 180 lbs. Now I'm at 156 lb. I'm going to get to 145 and really tone up this year. Can't wait to be at the beach and feel happy in a bathing suit. We can do it!!!!:smile::smile: :smile:
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    that is definately a great attitude to have!

and yes, MODERATION is the key. I think a lot of people think they have to put such restraint on what they eat, when it is mostly portion control that is key...

Yes, 2012 will be OUR year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like your 2012 attitude! Count on me for support! :happy:
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya!!! 2012 is going to be the best year yet!!! Feel free to add me if you want! Any extra motivation I can get (and give to others) is always welcomed!!
  • mtncl1mb3r
    Options
    Good attitude. I like your optimism :) This is a good site. This is my first time on here and I really like the community so I can assure you that you will too.

Good luck!! :)
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    Looking forward to the BRIGHT 2012!!!! Were going to kick some fats butt!!!
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    A great attitude will pay off for the 2012 and from there on out!! Here we are 2012 ! :flowerforyou:
  • ChristinaPoole
    Options
    Hi James,
    I just signed up as well and am feeling a lot like you. I don't want to say I'm on a diet but yet get back to eating/living healthy again!

I really feel like I have put myself on the back burner and don't take care of myself like I used to and then that seems to make me feel guility then all the things with the "guilt" start to come into play....time to stop and get back on track for 2012!

Looking forward to seeing how everyone does and learn lots of tips from everyone.

Christina