Hi

Options
Hi I just started yesterday, I could use all the support I can get. I have been "doeting" since I was 16 --- I am 47! Diets don't work so I thought I would just pay attention to what I eat.

Replies

• debbiehicks1
    Options
    Hi I just started yesterday, I could use all the support I can get. I have been "doeting" since I was 16 --- I am 47! Diets don't work so I thought I would just pay attention to what I eat.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • RXchic
    RXchic Posts: 47
    Options
    You have taken a big first step by joining this site. I too am a professional at dieting & I do not consider what I am doing now to be a diet. Knowing & keeping track of your intake calories has really made a big difference for me and I bet it will for you too. There are plenty of people on this site with a lot of weight to lose - me included :wink:
    Bottom line advice: keep your food journal accurate (no cheating!), stay within your daily calorie total, drink your water, and don't eat back your exercise calories. Good luck! It's not too late - you can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,005 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome to MFP

This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them. You will succeed if you work hard.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Don't call this a diet. This is a new way of life. Make it your number one priority.:heart:
  • Dragon1
    Dragon1 Posts: 3
    Options
    For what it's worth, I think that if you want it to work for you, you will need to focus on both proper diet and exercise. You should consider a program that really works both you both with cardio and strength training. Look into Beachbody.com for some great ideas. I'm not trying to promote the latter but from experience with P90X I believe it really does work. I think there are many people on this forum that are well aware of that particular site. In any case, whatever you choose to do, make sure that you enjoy what you do otherwise the end result will be failure. You must find what program works for you and comit to it. Write down your goals, monitor your results, talk to others about you goals and achievements and in no time you will see some great results. Strength training is such an important part of any fitness program because with increased strength comes increased metabolism which translates into increase loss of body fat. You may also want to try a good detox program, whether from natural foods or by-products (such as Elemis, among many others). I wish you success and remember, eat clean and do your cardio and stength training and I guarantee you will in the best shape of your life and others will simply envy you.

Dragon
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Hi there, I just joined myself today. Maybe we can help each other out :-)

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • Jilli2010
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this too. Just been on one week. I want to encourage you with your efforts. I am enjoying the accountability of recording my food on line. I typically haven't like journaling and tracking, but this seems to be okay for me. I am counting calories and following the recommended fat, protien and carb recommendations. Seems to be working so far. I want to wish you well on this journey and I am happy to support you. This is life saving work to regain our health. Feel free to add me as a friend. Jill