Zumba Club

Options
Hi all!

I just got this yesterday and plan on doing it tonight! Wondering if there are others doing it or would like to do it with me. If there is already a thread on this, plz point me to that direction. All support, tips and warnings are greatly appreciated. :)

Replies

• justaskforbrandy
    justaskforbrandy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I want to join!! I did it last night for an hour (had NO idea that was the length of a full class hahaha) and it was pretty fun!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I have it for the Wii and just replaced my sensor bar so I could get back to it. I am looking for a place to go to a regular class but all the places near me are kids dance studios and they are charging $10 - $12 per class and my daughter wants to come too. I can't afford it.... so I'll keep looking
  • myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Exhilarate DVD's, and love them. Would love to try a live class tho! there is a group for zumba on here.
  • willdytryin
    willdytryin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have any idea how many calories the Wii Zumba would burn - say for each of the 3 intensities. We were doing it last night, and I am not sure I can put a lot of faith in the calories the machine said we burned, some 800 odd.

Any ideas anyone?
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and I go to classes 3-5 times a week. I sweat more doing Zumba than running 3 miles :)
  • staceybe58
    Options
    Check out Zumba.com to find a class near you. They are so much fun in person! If anyone is on Long Island let me know because we can go together.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Love ZUMBA. I have exhilrate and love love love it!
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have any idea how many calories the Wii Zumba would burn - say for each of the 3 intensities. We were doing it last night, and I am not sure I can put a lot of faith in the calories the machine said we burned, some 800 odd.

Any ideas anyone?

http://www.zumbacalories.com

a HRM is the more accurate way though.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Check out Zumba.com to find a class near you. They are so much fun in person! If anyone is on Long Island let me know because we can go together.

I was just gonna say that...Zumba.com.... My wife is an instructor and gets a lot of calls from the website listing. Good place for you to start. All instructors are different. If you dont care for one, try another. Some are quite provacative, some very 'hippy', etc. My wife tries to include a lot of instruction and suggestions for low impact alternatives to those who need it. She also uses some modern pop/hit music that people know besides just the Latin stuff from Zumba. She's had gals from 10 to 85 yrs old in her classes so she needs to cater to a large audiance. Have fun!
  • ms99pepper
    Options
    I LOOOOVE Zumba... anything danced based really. its so fun you dont even realize ur working out. i do it 3/4x a week but i've realized that its the food portion control thats really helped me to lose weight and the zumba trims & tones me.

i'm in the LA area if anyone needs recs. i've tried almost every teacher.. i think switching it up gives you the best workout
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well, I just tried it out for the first time. WOW! I worked up a sweat with only 4 songs. But I am not sure I did things right cause at the end I checked my statistics (WII Zumba Fitness 2) and it says that I only burned 64 calories. I am SURE I did more than that! Any clues for me?