Feeling really bad about myself today

Options
Good morning everyone, I joined the site about a week ago and I've just been hanging out reading everyones posts and staying in the backround. When I joined I didn't weight myself- I thought I knew what my weight was so I just put that in. I've been eating heathy and walking everyday and I felt like I lost a few pounds. So this morning I got on the scale and immediately started to cry. I am the heaviest I've EVER been in my life. I weight more than I did when I was pregnant. I'm about 20 pounds more than I thought I was. That is NOT what I wanted to see. I'm so upset and I feel so bad about myself. I know that someone else has had to have gone through this and my have a word or two of wisdom that might make me feel better. I'm normally a pretty happy person but this has really thrown me off! I know I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and slowing the scale will go down but today is really a hard day. Thanks for listening and I'm so glad I found this site.

Replies

• bert1666
    bert1666 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I joined the site about a week ago and I've just been hanging out reading everyones posts and staying in the backround. When I joined I didn't weight myself- I thought I knew what my weight was so I just put that in. I've been eating heathy and walking everyday and I felt like I lost a few pounds. So this morning I got on the scale and immediately started to cry. I am the heaviest I've EVER been in my life. I weight more than I did when I was pregnant. I'm about 20 pounds more than I thought I was. That is NOT what I wanted to see. I'm so upset and I feel so bad about myself. I know that someone else has had to have gone through this and my have a word or two of wisdom that might make me feel better. I'm normally a pretty happy person but this has really thrown me off! I know I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and slowing the scale will go down but today is really a hard day. Thanks for listening and I'm so glad I found this site.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I had that exact moment when I finally got up the nerve to get a starting weight. Only I thought I was thirty pounds lighter.

It's very important to love yourself right now at the size you are in order to take better care of your wonderful body. You can take better care of yourself, and you can get smaller and healthier. Be patient with yourself. Every day, and every minute is a new chance.

And, we are here for you! I'm amazed at the wonderful support on this site.:flowerforyou:
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes, I too was decieving myself about what I weighed. But pre surgury they weighed me and I was shocked and sick. I'm only 5"1, and weighed 210 lbs. I can't say how bad I felt. I started to diet and excercise immedietly. I've lost 14 lbs. and I am confident I'll lose the rest. The beginning is the hardest, but if you stick it out it will get easier. Your body will stop craving all that food.I had to finally acept that I wouldn't be deprived. NO ONE can eat whatever they want , whenever they want and stay thin.Portion size has been distorted for us to the point we feel deprived when we cant eat the portions served at restaurants, in the grocery store, and a peice of cake five inches wide. We have to retrain our minds to even know what a real portion is. Keep at it and it can only get better. I cried too, Then I decided to suck it up and get er done! cheer up, and Good luck,
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    No worries. I was the same way when I began. But you are doing great!!! You are making positive changes and making improvements. Do not let yourself believe that your hard work has gone to waste. Another thing I would recoment is to take some measurements.

Take a deep breath and believe in the changes you are making for the better. You are doing great.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You are not alone.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This is me too. I have almost always been a little heavy 170's and then I met my fiance and jumped 20 lbs then I had my first baby and jumped another 30:sad: then my second another 30:sad: then being a stay at home mom to these two I was not really getting out much and eating and I just kept gaining. My final weight was 258 YIKES and I was freaking out, not thinking I would ever get it under control and not knowing how to stop gaining weight. Then I found this site and ever since it has been down hill and I am very optimistic about my future weight loss. good luck maybe you just hit your bottom and it will all be better from here on out. Let this site work for you..... we are here for you
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and try not to beat yourself up too much. I know you have probably heard this before, but you are SO MUCH MORE than the number on your scale....I have been through the "shock" phase too. One day at the doctor's office the nurse weighed me and *gulp* I weighed almost 190 lbs.!!:noway: I knew then I had to do something....good luck and take care of yourself!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    First off, welcome and best of luck to you! Secondly, don't be too hard on yourself, you are here to make some healthy lifestyle changes and it sounds like you are off to a great start! I reached my heaviest in my life at 290lbs and just couldn't wrap my head around it....but I stuck to the plan, followed my nutrition values from this site and try to workout 4x45minutes a week....I've lost 46lbs so far!!! You can do this too!!!!!
  • bert1666
    bert1666 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement. It's been a tough day, but it's good to know that others understand my pain and that it will get better. I'm gonna keep at it, and in time, I'll hit my goal. Thanks again.:smile:
  • nevaehevol
    Options
    do not let it throw u off hun just think about how u wnt to be i am a stone heaveir thm i thought i was and it hurt me like hell wen i found out but i just think about how im gona b in a few months time keep yourself active and stay positive about things this site is fantastic and the ppl r wonderful and give great support x