South Beach anyone?

Options
Please, no haters. My Endocrynologist recommended me start South Beach because she insists it is great for prediabetics. She even told me I didn't have to do Phase 1...but I would like to see a good drop in the beginning. I am looking for others who are following this plan or great websites w/ recipes that you have found that support it :)

Replies

• Thirteenlbs
    Options
    I love South Beach, and yep, it pretty much cured my reactive hypoglycemia.

There is a website- south beach diet forum or something like that-- that gives detailed info about how to do the plan correctly. They are pretty strict over there but there's some valuable info.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Have you seen this site? http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/

I started out with a couple of weeks SB phase 1 before switching to calorie counting with moderately low carbs (100 to 150g or so). I never had any intention of staying with the plan, but like you, wanted to see a good drop in the beginning and also break my cravings for sugary snacks. I worked like a charm.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Options
    **bump**
  • TXfatgirl
    TXfatgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    South Beach is a great diet choice....I lost 35 lbs. on it and felt remarkable. It was just hard for me to incorporate it into the eating habits for the rest of my family, so I will stick to calorie counting for now. Good Luck to you!
  • melitta155
    melitta155 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nope, haven't done South Beach but do use Atkins Ongoing Weight Loss phase as a general way of eating with much success. Probably very similar to South Beach.
    I like this way of eating because it really curbs hunger.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Options
    Thanks!!