30 Day Shred

Options
I'm about to start the 30 day shred. I bought it as a little Christmas gift to me lol. Has any one had success with. It? Or has it not worked for any one? Any insight would be great.

Replies

• kelfly
    kelfly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll be anxious to see answers too. I just purchased it today and am ready to get started this evening.
  • lawoods
    lawoods Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Jillian is giving me a waist back.....The first time I tried it I nearly died. :0) Just try it. Don't get discouraged. Do what you can. Everyday I saw improvements in my endurance. I didn't know how cardiovascularly challenged I was. ;0) I did my first time thru a few months ago and started a 2nd time before Christmas. I will be continuing on today. I think those who do it 30 days in a row get the best results but I couldn't get it worked in everyday and still went down a pant size with little weight change. Take measurements before you start so you can see your progress that is a great confidence booster!
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just started Level 1 (again) today.. I did it before, but didn't finish, & saw great results. It's far from easy, but it's worth it. Feel free to add me if you need motivation or support. I'm determined to finish all 30 days this time! :)
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i have had it for a while now. its HARD! i have started and stopped it many times :( i really need to get motivated and do it every day for the full 30 days because i will litarlly start and within a few days i stop! time for me to just PUSH threw it!!! Its very hard but im sure if you stick with it you will see results! i have seen a bunch of pics on here with amazing results!
  • mcosme25
    Options
    I am going to get this weekend now that Christmas is over. But my neighbor has been doing it and is looking great.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    just got it...hurray! :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I didn't do it long enough to have any results (I had mine on the on demand channels and they took it off)
    It is really hard to begin with, but don't give up! I've seen a lot of people with great progress suing it, and I think it's totally worth it! After about the first week, it won't kill you anymore. And, despite what some people say, you don't have to do it every single day. It's made to be done with other forms of cardio every now and then. What I have heard is 3-5 Days 30DS and the remaining whatever else you want to do.
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I bought some Jillian DVD's for myself for Christmas too. I did 6 Week 6 Pack on Saturday and Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism on Sunday. I could barely walk Monday but it was good. 30 Day Shred was supposed to be here Friday but it still hasn't arrived. I haven't decided if I'm going to stick with just one or alternate the three of them so I don't get bored. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    I am in a group doing it in January. That group is closed but someone could start another. I believe it will really help me get through it. It will be my first time and I am at least 50 lbs overweight. I have read many 30DS threads and they all say, yes, it is very hard and yes, it works if you do it. More for inches than lbs but lbs as well.
  • breeves25
    breeves25 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i just bought it today too! add me so we can share our results :) Im pretty excited!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Round 1 of 30 Day shred

Starting weight was 187, Currently 182

Before and after measurements.
    Thigh 28.75/ 28.50 = .25
    Calf 16.625 / 17 = +.375
    Hip 45.50 / 44 =1.5
    Waist 33 / 31 = 2
    Bicep 14.25/ 13.75 = .5
    Bellybotton 46.625 / 44.50 = 2.125
    Neck 13.75/ 13.25 =.5

Round 2

Weight- 175.2-170.4 (-4.8 lbs lost)

Thigh 27-26.5 (-.5)
    Calf 16.5 (no change)
    Hip 42.5 (no change)
    Waist 30-29 (-1)
    Bicep 13/375-12.875 (-.5)
    Bust 38.25 (no change)
    Underbust 32.5 -32.375 (-.125)
    Belly button 42.25-41.5 (-.75)
    Neck 13/25-13 (-.25)
    Butt 44.375-43.75 (-.625)

Pictures- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Apryl546?month=201108
  • nborsh22
    nborsh22 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 3, but have not done it everyday. I take a day off every 3-4 days. I think that keeps me from getting burnt out. The first day I did the video I couldn't walk for 2 days after so take it easy the first couple days. Even though you may be able to do each move to the full extent take it easy until you see how your body reacts. In the end I didn't work out for 4 days and just started over but took it easy. I had completed the Couch to 5k running program right before I started this and thought my legs were in good shape......did the squats and lunges with the video and found out they weren't. Well actually it's just different muscles and was like I had never used them before. I also only used 3 lb weights until I felt the arm/leg combo was too easy then moved up to 5 lb. Now in level 2 I went back down to 3 lb since they are different moves. It is a great workout. Just when you are ready to be done you move on to the next level and get a fresh start.

I feel things tightening up from 30DS, but most of my weight loss happened with C25K since that was the first workout I did in conjunction with MFP.

Good luck to you!!!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I bought it today. I plan to do it and keep up my running. I am looking forward to seeing what it's about! The pics people post seem to show that it really works!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have had it for a while..and couldnt for the life of me get off level 1. I am now on Level 3.. (did only 5 or so days of level 2) . I do it about 3 times a week..cause the other days I do straight weight training..

I think its more the commitment rather than doing it continuously..cause if you are doing other things inbetween..results are bound to happen
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love it. It's my favorite DVD of hers, and it's my go-to workout as well. Its tough in the beginning, but so worth sticking it out.
  • aurie024
    aurie024 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight! I have heard nothing but great things
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I did it and LOVED my results!

I lost almost 9lbs and 14inches :) I'm so mad I didnt take before pictures, I wasnt expecting the results to be so amazing.

I did it every day but Sunday. I refused to let myself get out of doing it. It was really hard the first three days of each level but my strength and endurance definitely increased!

Good luck!
  • Vurbach
    Vurbach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yay! Glad to hear it works for people! I have to go out of state for work for 35 days coming up next month, seeing how I will have a lot of spare time on my hands when work is done each day I am really looking forward to doing it! My sister got me the dvd as a Christmas present! :happy:
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    Lost 7 lbs in 30 days with 30 Day Shred. Jillian Michaels is the best. It was a dramatic transformation. I just started Ripped in 30 today and I can't wait to see the results!!!!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]10502719.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I finished last week and had great results. I posted the full results in a thread where I was checking in with a group of other women doing it - it has 11/14/11 in the title. Anyway, I lost 0.5" off my calves, over 1" off my thighs, 2" off my butt/hips, 2" off my belly at the navel, and more. It took me 37 days to complete the 30 workouts (had to take a couple of breaks). It was REALLY hard when I started, but when it started getting easier I started doing the levels twice in a row most days. Love the workouts and results so much I am now the proud owner of 5 more Jillian Michaels DVDs. LOL