HELP needed

Options
Hi been on mfp for a week now suggested 1200 cals a week which i to my protein limit before cals, looking over the last couple of days i only seem to be getting to 700/800 cals max. Any suggestions on low protein high carb and calorie meals.:frown:

Replies

• walkingtessa
    walkingtessa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi been on mfp for a week now suggested 1200 cals a week which i to my protein limit before cals, looking over the last couple of days i only seem to be getting to 700/800 cals max. Any suggestions on low protein high carb and calorie meals.:frown:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Most people have found the protein suggestions too low....I don't even have protein as my top four calculations, so honestly I don't even know how much I eat each day or protein. I would think calorie amounts are more important then protein, and 700/800 is probably way too low. What kinds of foods do you eat now which result in such low calories?
  • blackbeltfairy
    Options
    I've been having trouble with this too. I tend to eat low-carb, not because I feel like it's healthier, but because I'm not a huge fan of most foods with carbs. Most of my meals are made up of veggies and a little meat.

I'm actually having to force-feed myself carbs! Strangest weight loss solution I've ever seen!

I try to make sure I'm eating tons of fruit and high-fibre stuff like oatmeal (not instant) and Triscuits. That seems to be working for me.
  • andreajean
    andreajean Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try a fruit smoothie:

1 cup frozen peaches
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 cup orange juice

228 Calories
    8 Calories from Fat
    .9 g Fat
    2 mg Sodium
    55 g Carbs
    6 g Dietary Fiber
    44 g sugar
    3 g Protein

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
  • walkingtessa
    walkingtessa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yesterdays menu

Breakfast porrage made with water 88 cals

Lunch Salad pitta bread with tble spoon mayo 200 cals

Dinner 100g ckn baked with toms, peppers and onions with 25g rice 228 cals

Snacks banana 90 cals
    diet coke 1

i might give the smothies a try
    Thanks
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Dairy, nuts, larger portions, more snacks. These things can help up your cals. Make your oatmeal with milk, add nuts or avocado to your salad, eat a tblsp of peanut butter with your banana.

You MUST eat a minimum of 1200 cals a day. First, this kind of very restrictive diet is really hard for most people to keep up in the long run. Second, while you may lose weight like this, as soon as you start to give your body more calories, it will grab and hold on to every one of them!

Keep at it! You'll figure it out!!:flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yesterdays menu

Breakfast porrage made with water 88 cals

Lunch Salad pitta bread with tble spoon mayo 200 cals

Dinner 100g ckn baked with toms, peppers and onions with 25g rice 228 cals

Snacks banana 90 cals
    diet coke 1

i might give the smothies a try
    Thanks

Yes I would try bigger portions and just eating more often. I really think I would starve if I ate that little. Have some cereal with low fat milk and a banana for breakfast, try a lean lunchmeat sandwhich along with your salad for lunch, have a few sides with your dinner (aside from just the tomatoes and onions cooked with it) and some healthy but filling snacks throughout the day like nuts or celery with peanut butter. Don't be afraid of carbs as sides, your body NEEDS some carbs, just try to stay within the recommended amounts and you'll be fine. Also, are you working out, and if so do you eat your exercise calories? Because if you're only getting 700-800 calories a day, and working out on top of that without eating more, then that is WAY too low.