One Year Later (with pics)

Options
I absolutely looooove going through the forum and reading everyone else's success stories, so even though I am not at the end of my journey yet, I wanted to share my progress with everyone too! :flowerforyou:

Last Christmas is when I really decided to do something about my weight and get myself healthy. I couldnt do anything without feeling exhausted after which was bad since I had a 7 year old boy and an almost 1 year old who were both VERY active. After the holidays I sat and looked at pictures (which I am in VERY few because I try to hiiiide!), and I was just disgusted with myself. :frown: How did I let myself get like that? Why didnt I notice it before this? I was so sad that I let myself get that way and for my husband who had to look at it everyday and still told me how beautiful I was and that he loved me just as much then as when we first started dating and I was 110 pounds lighter. But I couldnt let myself stay like that any longer and definitely couldnt let it get any worse. At the time I wasnt working, so I decided to join a gym with a daycare so I could go anytime I wanted with the kids. It was great! I was going every day and lost about 25 pounds by mid February. Then I got a new job and started working full time and taking care of the kids and the house when I wasnt at work and I wasnt able to make it to the gym much anymore and eating started getting bad and junky again. I somehow managed to maintain the weight that I had lost, but didnt make any progress between March and August. I look back now and think of all that wasted time! I could be so much farther along right now. But this is a long process and I just try to keep looking forward and know I will get there eventually with continued hard work. Once August hit I was ready and motivated again to start back up. This time I just went for walks everyday and started doing 30 Day Shred. I cut all soda out of my diet and started eating much healthier than I had been.

It is now the end of the year and I am happy and proud to say that I am 60 pounds lighter than I was at this time last year! I started out of 240 pounds and now weigh in at 180. Hoping to see 179 on that scale before the end of this week!!! I could not have done as much as I have this year if it was not for MFP and all the wonderful friends that I have made on here. You guys all ROCK and keep me going even when I would rather just give up. THANK YOU ALL!! :heart: And here is to another wonderful year in 2012 where I plan on hitting my goal weight and looking and feeling wonderful!!! :drinker:

December 2010. @240 pounds
ashleychristmas2010.jpg

April 2011. @220 pounds
SDC10610.jpg

July 2011. @210 pounds
ashleyspics104.jpg

October 2011. @190 pounds
AlexandMommy.jpg

December 2011. @180 pounds
Ashleychristmas2011.jpg

Thank you SO much for looking/reading. Like I stated earlier, my journey is not over yet. My goal is to get to 140 and then determine newer goals from there.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! :drinker:

Replies

• Linshizzle
    Options
    WONDERFUL JOB!!! YOU LOOK GREAT & YOU ARE ROCKIN THAT DRESS!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK :)))
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! You look great!:drinker:
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Well done!! :)
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Lookin Fabulous!!!

Keep up the good work :)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    you look so great!!!! and I have no doubt you will get to where you want to be!! you go girl!!!!!!!!!!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    you are looking wonderful! You have accomplished so much so far! You should be really proud!
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    nice work looking good :)
  • JamesBC78
    JamesBC78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Even though your journey is not complete, I hope you are proud of what you have gotten done already!!! Keep up the good work. You are doing FANTASTIC!
  • Taushina
    Taushina Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good job, you look amazing!!!
  • vburnett01
    vburnett01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are doing an AWESOME job girl! Thanks for sharing your story and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. You have inspired me to get back to working out and maybe dusting off that 30 day shred DVD too. I just get so discouraged when I don't see "fast" results. I'm 5'10" and 245 pounds, and it is HARD to notice any loss on me. UGGHH. I will have to remember you when I am feeling discouraged. Thanks again for sharing your wonderful story!
    Venita
  • bjmmcw98
    Options
    You look great! I am looking forward to where I am going with this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!