Polar FT4 - Do you like it?

Options
So I'm looking at getting a HRM, but I have a limited budget. I've heard good things about the polar FT4. I'd like more reviews?

Replies

• zenthebird
    zenthebird Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I really like mine. The only thing that queebs me out a little is that you have to wet the contacts on the belt. I use very warm water. As soon as I get it on, I forget about it. Its just those first few seconds.
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Just got one for Christmas! I've only used it for two days but so far, so good. It seems to have all the information that's relevant for my needs.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I like mine. Works well. I hope it's accurate.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE mine....best investment ever!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    Does just what I need it to do :)
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Mines been great
  • carrie145
    Options
    LOVE mine!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for a week, no complaints. I do not use the download data to computer and some of the other features. I basically use it for calorie tracking. Love it!!
  • lizjames1971
    Options
    Love mine- has really kept me inspired!!!
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for almost a year and LOVE it! I feel lost working out without it! Wish it had GPS so I could track miles but I will wait for this one to die before I buy a new one!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Have used it in the pool, lake, bike, run, gym, everywhere. I trust it completely. I wear the watch all the time and wear the sensor when I am exercising. I got mine two years ago. It by far is the way I stay motivated and track what I do, etc. Good luck.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I really like mine. The only thing that queebs me out a little is that you have to wet the contacts on the belt. I use very warm water. As soon as I get it on, I forget about it. Its just those first few seconds.

Agree with this and it takes everything I got to put it on after getting it wet! Works fine and matches up with workout equipment with no problems!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    I've had mine for almost a year and LOVE it! I feel lost working out without it! Wish it had GPS so I could track miles but I will wait for this one to die before I buy a new one!

If you've got a smart phone you could download map my ride and track your miles. :smile:
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I have had mine a couple months and seems to be pretty accurate and comfortable to wear.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Love it! I find it to be really easy to use also.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I love mine! Such a good investment! Easy to use, fairly basic (which is what I wanted). I just got my parents each one for Christmas, too. :)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't like my FT4..... I LOVE IT:love::love: :love:

But it's a tool and like all tools if used in the wrong way it be a disaster.

If you're going to use it to monitor your workout, why not wear it for an hour when you are doing nothing to work out your TDEE.

I did exactly that... wore it on the train going into work. Basically an hour of sitting and dozing, doing nothing at all clocked up for me over 108kc, so keep in mind that when you've done your hour-long tread mill and the HRM says you've burn 500kc that about 100 of those Calories are just your normal daily energy expenditure.

But it's certainly a great piece of kit, so simple to use and the chest-strap and WearLink monitor are so comfortable that after the first time, it'll seem hardly noticeable.