Ways to eat my calorie goal today?

I have already ate dinner and it says I have 883 calories left for the day. I earned 407 of those from exercise though. I know I am suppose to eat my exercise calories, but 883 calories is a lot to eat after 6pm! A big part of it is because I slept in and missed breakfast. Not an every day thing. Anyway, there is no way I can eat all 883 calories, but I at least want to get up to my daily goal of 1,200 calories. So I have 300-400 calories I'm looking at. The thing is, I am not super hungry. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lyssgardi
    lyssgardi Posts: 10 Member
    Honestly my thought is that if you are eating 1200 total calories (NOT subtracting for exercise) then you are totally fine, don't eat 800 more! Especially if you aren't hungry.
  • lyssgardi
    **adding**
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Honestly my thought is that if you are eating 1200 total calories (NOT subtracting for exercise) then you are totally fine, don't eat 800 more! Especially if you aren't hungry.

Please, don't starve yourself. That might be fine for one day, but not long term. It's actually ok to take some of the leftover calories from today to eat tomorrow.

OR you could have some peanut butter, whole eggs, cheese, nuts, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....Make a sandwich or a smoothie. It's really not that hard. You didn't have trouble eating before did you?
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    peanut butter and jelly sandwich is easily 400 cals. Have that as a snack in addition to dinner if you're aiming for the 800 cals
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    bananas and nutella

ice cream

protein shake

greek yogurt + berries
  • lyssgardi

Please, don't starve yourself. That might be fine for one day, but not long term. It's actually ok to take some of the leftover calories from today to eat tomorrow.

OR you could have some peanut butter, whole eggs, cheese, nuts, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....Make a sandwich or a smoothie. It's really not that hard. You didn't have trouble eating before did you?

That is actually an Honest question that I have... it is "starving yourself" if you aren't hungry? I am happy to eat if I'm not hungry, I love eating.. but do I NEED to eat if ive eaten 1200 calories and am honestly no hungry?
  • soccormom34
    soccormom34 Posts: 7 Member
    I honestly think you don't NEED to eat if you are not hungry, isn't that how some of us got the way we are? I wouldn't give yourself a complex over it, do the best you can the rest of the night and start fresh tomorrow. I have a friend who every few months will fast for an entire day or two, only drinking water, as sort of a cleanse. Sometimes your body just needs a rest, while I also wouldn't suggest leaving yourself this many calories on a regular basis, I think the best thing to do is not to stress about it tonight. I did like the suggestions about making a sandwich or perhaps taking an apple or banana with peanut butter as good suggestions. Hope this helps!
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Peanut Butter and anything actually sounds great right now! Thanks for the suggestions! I think I am going to make a snack out of wheat thins and PB&J.

I wasn't purposely trying to starve myself. I think skipping breakfast today (not on purpose, I just slept in late) was the reasoning for me being so low on my calorie count. I wanted to get my count up so my body was getting enough fuel and not hit that "starvation mode" I hear about when not eating enough.

Thanks for all the input.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    What does time of day have to do with it. Eat another meal. "Starvation mode" (badly named) will not happen in one day but is a result of a long term large caloric deficit.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Frozen Yogurt shop
    Peanuts in the shell
    Avocado
    1/2 a stick of butter (just kidding)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member

That is actually an Honest question that I have... it is "starving yourself" if you aren't hungry? I am happy to eat if I'm not hungry, I love eating.. but do I NEED to eat if ive eaten 1200 calories and am honestly no hungry?

Like I said, it is fine if you only do it occasionally. But yes, if you consistently have 800 calories left over and you still don't eat, even if you're not hungry, you are essentially starving your body of vital nutrients. Your AMR will decrease and you will have a harder time losing weight. It's just not a healthy way to go about losing weight.
  • Dark chocolate! . . . .
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    try to hit 1200 if you can, dark chocolate is an excellent suggestion! lol