30 Day Shred

Options
2»

Replies

• WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You should join this group. A bunch of us are starting 30DS on Jan 2nd.

30 DS Challenge 1/02/12 ((Carolinamomma3's))
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1473-30-ds-challenge-1-02-12-carolinamomma3-s-
  • hrwinston
    Options
    I started last night and I am so sore! It hurts to walk...I used 5 lb weights because that is all I had, went and bought 3 lb weights today. I might skip it tonight and do something not so hard. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm starting either that or the ripped in 30 tonight. :)
  • jenslife82
    Options
    Nice can't wait to start it tonight! I have 3 lb weights but I have been using 2 lb ones on the treadmill. I hope to lose at least a little of what I've gained this week between Christmas and taking care of puppies(long story) I haven't been doing my cardio like I should. Jillian here I come! :)
  • redr0bin
    redr0bin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started today! Checked it out from the library--I am super excited and hoping to stick with it! Just logging my food and exercise has made a difference for me though I have taken a break the last couple weeks I am committed to getting in good shape in 2012! I don't have any weights so I just used a couple cans of soup :) I am curious though, what do you guys log in the exercise area after completing this work out?
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just got done with the first day. it felt nice. Let me tell you, the lunging with lifting arms is the killer part.
  • Harvest02
    Options
    My sister got 30 day shred for me for Christmas since I asked for it. I have read all the great reviews on here and hope it works for me as well. I did level 1 this morning and I was sweating my butt off!
  • nborsh22
    nborsh22 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am curious though, what do you guys log in the exercise area after completing this work out?

Circuit Training, general I put in 20 min and it generates calories burned based on your weight, ect. When I got to level 2 I put in 22 minutes because I know I'm burning more calories. This doesn't count the warm up and cool down time but should keep the calorie burn realistic. Others have said the best way to see the calorie burn is a heart rate monitor and add it as your own exercise. I don't have one so I just let MFP calculate it for me.
  • margrobins
    margrobins Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am on day 10 of 30DS.. Weight wise, my scale hasn't budged - HOWEVER - this morning when I woke up, I ran my hands down my back and it felt smooth.. I went and looked in the mirror and to my surprise - my roll of backfat I've been carrying for 2 years has finally left me! Yahoooooooo! What a great motivation that was!

I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to exercise, so the first couple days were hell. By day 3 I could barely walk my legs were so sore. But I kept pushing myself to do it and by day 4 I felt fantastic! Your endurance definitely builds up over time..

Good luck with it! :0)

~Marg
  • jenslife82
    Options
    I am on day 10 of 30DS.. Weight wise, my scale hasn't budged - HOWEVER - this morning when I woke up, I ran my hands down my back and it felt smooth.. I went and looked in the mirror and to my surprise - my roll of backfat I've been carrying for 2 years has finally left me! Yahoooooooo! What a great motivation that was!

I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to exercise, so the first couple days were hell. By day 3 I could barely walk my legs were so sore. But I kept pushing myself to do it and by day 4 I felt fantastic! Your endurance definitely builds up over time..

Good luck with it! :0)

~Marg
    Yay :) I started last night and my muscles are tired! I'm not brand new to exercise but def needed something challenging and this it def it!
  • redr0bin
    redr0bin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering my question nborsh :)
  • nborsh22
    nborsh22 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering my question nborsh :)

No problem. :-) I had the same question when I started and found the answer on this site too. :-)