Low carb diet

Options
What are some good foods to eat on a low carb diet? I'm not a picky eater and love anything that has chicken! Any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Really? You couldn't find any websites about this? I'm really surprised.
  • alynn1558943
    Options
    I haven't found to many. The ones I found weren't exactly what I was looking for.
  • ang2323
    Options
    thats what im doin to.. but im just eating all meats, cheese, salads with ranch dressing and jello.. :) this my second round of doin it bc after a while you kinda level out but the first time i lost 25 lbs in a month and 1/2... good luck!!
  • grrrkorinne
    Options
    I don't know if you like eggplant, but an entire eggplant only has 30-something calories in it. I found a great recipe for mini eggplant pizzas where you use sliced eggplant instead of crust at Publix Apron's meals, and it was delicious. I put garlic on top in addition to the chopped onion and green pepper.

http://www.publix.com/aprons/meals/SensibleRecipes/SimpleMeal.do?mealId=4070&mealGroupId=1141
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    http://genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Tons of stuff on this site!!
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of canadian bacon and cheese sticks when I did this. Any any meat I wanted. I also put shredded cheese in a small cake pan and broiled it. Not sure where I got that "recipe'! But it was good.
  • dom300186
    dom300186 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I do plenty if chicken stir fry but I gril the chicken!
    Breakfast I don't have cereal to many carbs so I normally have bacon egg chopped toms and probably a sausage no bread!!!
    My problem is the carbs so I don't go near bread pasta or rice unless I have too.
    If we have curry night instead of rice il have tons of salad!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Breakfast I don't have cereal to many carbs so I normally have bacon egg chopped toms and probably a sausage no bread!!!
    My problem is the carbs so I don't go near bread pasta or rice unless I have too.

Uhm... salad is pure carbs.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I don't get the low carb thing. I eat a ton of healthy carbs and I have no problems. The best thing I heard was from a nutritionist and she was talking about this being a sustainable lifestyle change and so you want to eat a balanced diet. I guess it depends if you're looking for a quick fix or something you can and will sustain for the rest of your life.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options

Um, how is salad all carbs? Potato salad and patsa salad have carbs, but a big bowl of lettuce with celery, cucumber, shredded cabbage and blue cheese dressing have very minimal amount of carbs. Idk where you're getting your facts from
  • michekeen
    Options
    If you don't mind buying a book, I have this one and it's my favorite whether I'm going low-carb or not. Everything in here's consistently awesome:

http://www.cuisineathomestore.com/books/smartCarb.php
  • BoresEasily
    Options

Um, how is salad all carbs? Potato salad and patsa salad have carbs, but a big bowl of lettuce with celery, cucumber, shredded cabbage and blue cheese dressing have very minimal amount of carbs. Idk where you're getting your facts from

You're kidding right? Fruits and veggies are a natural source of carbohydrates.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options

tee hee. I think they are thinking of complex carbohydrates. I understand how white carbs are bad / triggers. Maybe the original poster has allergies.?
  • dom300186
    Options

tee hee. I think they are thinking of complex carbohydrates. I understand how white carbs are bad / triggers. Maybe the original poster has allergies.?

yeh I have ibs so bread pasta rice potatoes set me off so I stay away from them but I think salad with lettuce cucumber are good for you anyway you have to let some in right??
    When I did this along with watching calories inlost 10 lbs in 3.5 weeks
  • BoresEasily
    Options

yeh I have ibs so bread pasta rice potatoes set me off so I stay away from them but I think salad with lettuce cucumber are good for you anyway you have to let some in right??
    When I did this along with watching calories inlost 10 lbs in 3.5 weeks

Just wondered if you've tried any whole wheat pasta or brown rice or perhaps sprouted grain bread? I'm not saying anything about salads. Hell, spinach and cucumbers are staples of my diet, was just wondering if you've experimented at all.
  • dom300186
    Options
    Yup tried them and done a food diary so I just stay away and just by doing that for my own good I lost weight doing so.
  • sunnykt
    Options
    In terms of food groups they mIght be carbs, but many veggies don't have many "carbs" in them. If that makes sense. For example, if I ate an apple that would be 15 carbs, similar to one slice of white bread, but if I ate salad leaves or celery I'd probably only end up eating about 2 carbs because the carbs per portion are low.
  • sunnykt
    Options
    [\crappy Internet double post \] -_- thank the Internet out here...
  • SinOrSlim
    Options
    check out www.sinorslim.com

TONS of low carb recipes!!!