24 y/o going to lose 80 + pounds

Options
I'm a 24 year old who needs to lose 80-90 more pounds. And I'm going to. :)
I've already lost about 13 pounds.

Anyway, 3 questions:

1. Is there a way to change my starting weight? Or will it track it as weight gained? I had a typo and put my weight in at a pound less than it should be.

2. Did anyone feel like they were just eating all day when starting out? I have chosen much healthier foods today (I've been on here two days), but it seems like I'm just eating too much, even though I'm measuring everything and staying within my limits. It somehow just doesn't seem right, lol.

3. What are some good exercises or exercise
DVDs to use at home? Especially if i havent been very active for the past couple of years? I have no access to a gym and the ground is covered in snow. :p. Workout music suggestions are also always appreciated. :)

Replies

• kkurtz04
    Options
    Hey there! You can change your starting weight by going to the "goal" page and click on "change goals"...this will take you back to the screen where you can change your personal info. Good luck with everything!
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome ^_^
    I feel you - I'm 24 and need to loose around 70lb's - but I'm excited for the change!!

I did feel like I was eating all the time when I started (about 2wks ago) but I felt better - instead of over-eating it helped keep hunger away so I was able to keep within my limits (if that makes sense)

Good Luck!!
    ~Monica
  • beautyatanysize10
    Options
    Some at home DVDs I like to do are 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. Since you haven't been active lately start with level 1 (obviously lol) and work through that until you can get all the way through without having to stop. But when you first start, trust me, you're going to be taking breaks lol. I also like to do Turbo Jam. Oh! And I just started doing Zumba and it is soooooo much fun! But if you're really out of shape and don't think you'll be able to keep up with any of these I also like the Leslie Sansone walking workouts. And I like to listen to upbeat songs when I workout like Beyonce's Countdown, Party, Love on Top or Big Sean's Dance (*kitten*) or Robyn's Call Your Girlfriend, Who's That Girl, Dancing on My Own, Indestructible or Rihanna songs lol Hope I helped at least a little bit! lol
  • jtdink1121
    Options
    Well to start off i would do some basic. Go to nowloss.com and you can view some amazing at home workouts for free. They are about 10 minutes but are powerful. Ypu will se results with just these. Also, they will send you a free dvd, you dont pay anything... not even shipping. Good Luck
  • PurelyTheRealMe
    Options
    Some at home DVDs I like to do are 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. Since you haven't been active lately start with level 1 (obviously lol) and work through that until you can get all the way through without having to stop. But when you first start, trust me, you're going to be taking breaks lol. I also like to do Turbo Jam. Oh! And I just started doing Zumba and it is soooooo much fun! But if you're really out of shape and don't think you'll be able to keep up with any of these I also like the Leslie Sansone walking workouts. And I like to listen to upbeat songs when I workout like Beyonce's Countdown, Party, Love on Top or Big Sean's Dance (*kitten*) or Robyn's Call Your Girlfriend, Who's That Girl, Dancing on My Own, Indestructible or Rihanna songs lol Hope I helped at least a little bit! lol

I have 30 DS and did it about a year and a half ago. I couldn't even walk up the stairs to go to work after 3 days, lol! I'll definitely have to try it again. I've seen commercials for Turbo Jam, I almost forgot about that. And thanks for the music suggestions. Sounds like you have great taste. :)
  • PurelyTheRealMe
    Options
    Well to start off i would do some basic. Go to nowloss.com and you can view some amazing at home workouts for free. They are about 10 minutes but are powerful. Ypu will se results with just these. Also, they will send you a free dvd, you dont pay anything... not even shipping. Good Luck

Going there now. Thanks!
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What helped me get started was the Fit TV on Demand. I was able to find workouts that were beginner level. As someone else already stated, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is GREAT! I went from level 1-3 in 30 days. It was very rough but well worth it.

Good luck with your journey. Add me if you would like.
    BRENDA
  • PurelyTheRealMe
    Options
    Hey there! You can change your starting weight by going to the "goal" page and click on "change goals"...this will take you back to the screen where you can change your personal info. Good luck with everything!

Thanks!
  • PurelyTheRealMe
    Options
    Hi and Welcome ^_^
    I feel you - I'm 24 and need to loose around 70lb's - but I'm excited for the change!!

I did feel like I was eating all the time when I started (about 2wks ago) but I felt better - instead of over-eating it helped keep hunger away so I was able to keep within my limits (if that makes sense)

Good Luck!!
    ~Monica

Thank you! It's crazy, I feel like I've been binging or something, then I look at my diary ad I'm like "oh, nevermind, I still have 300 cals left". Weird.