what do you think?

sarahprincess
sarahprincess Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Has anyone tried seeing a dietician to support their healthy lifestyle choice? I have the option of going to one through my workplace extended health, but thought I'd ask around first before doing so. Has it been useful for anyone? Are there certain questions or areas of interest that have been helpful? Advice and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Sarah

Replies

• Has anyone tried seeing a dietician to support their healthy lifestyle choice? I have the option of going to one through my workplace extended health, but thought I'd ask around first before doing so. Has it been useful for anyone? Are there certain questions or areas of interest that have been helpful? Advice and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Sarah
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    I used to see one and I think they offered great advice. They give you suggestions on supplements, how much water to drink and I think they also take on the role of a therapist sometimes.

It is not for everyone. I only saw mine for a few weeks. I decided not to stick with it because that is me. I go everything I do 100% for a few weeks and that is it.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    I see one once a month but sometimes I forget to ask questions and end up asking them here and cross check when my appointment comes up.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    I wish I had the option of seeing a dietician but it's not covered by my insurance. I'm definitely curious to see if he/ she has anything to add, or any additional suggestions. Keep us updated, sarahprincess!
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    I saw one a couple of times, and it was tremendously helpful for me. I most appreciated learning how bodies work with regard to sugar, insulin, alcohol, and eating schedules. It helped me to learn how to eat right and how much junk I'm allowed to eat, too. I probably would have kept going, but my insurance didn't cover it :cry:
This discussion has been closed.